Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

S9 SD card put into A10
S9 SD card put into A10
So I decided to use the "new" A10 tonight to see what I think of it. I copied what was on the SD card I've been using in my S9 Autoset and put the card into the A10 Autoset. Nothing happened. The manual says it should display something about it looking at it. Does it tell me if it is locked or anything?

Not having much luck with CPAP stuff so far today. SleepyHead uninstall and reinstall problems. I got data going back to '11 so when I copied it all to another folder so I'd have a backup, that took for-freakin-ever. Oh, and I kept trying to put the SD card into the other slot which, of course, it didn't fit. Checked the manual and it says it is an "adapter" connection/cover? Had a lot of trouble getting the door to the SD card slot to open. Sigh.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: S9 SD card put into A10
I'd bet one of two possiblities

1) the SD card is not compatible (unlikely)

2) that you have to reformat the SD card for the new machine...there should be an option in a menu somewhere.
Post Reply Post Reply
The manual is really vague on what to do with the SD card. I guess as an effort to promote the MyAir nonsense. I read it will "momentarily" say something along the lines of "preparing the card, don't unplug". HA. Momentarily is right. It was like a quarter second, if that long. I could see something flash on the screen but dang if I could read it! So I looked right at it and put the card in (3rd time was the charm!) and saw the "preparing the..." but nothing else. Since it didn't say something like "erase data" like my S9 likes to do, I am going to assume it is in there.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
That's all mine did when I first the card in. I have data from day 1 on it.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I can't remember what it says, something like "Reading data from SD card and preparing machine" then it goes into standby ready to run.  Check it is collecting data, but I think you will find it is working fine.
Enjoy the new machine, I think you will like it.   Smile
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
The preparing card message means it’s doing its thing it will flash up if it’s not happy the card locked or whatever. It should be good to go.
Post Reply Post Reply
For newbies or new to the 10 series ResMed machine, the SD card cover, slot, and message:

Cool

lots-o-coffee

[attachment=4827][attachment=4828][attachment=4829][attachment=4830]
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah, but it is up there for half a second. How did you get a pic of it? Speed shutter? ROFL
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-10-2018, 05:45 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Yeah, but it is up there for half a second. How did you get a pic of it? Speed shutter? ROFL

Via my old Samsung Note 4. I held it as steady as possible and hit "shutter" button a few times while left hand inserted SD. Chose best of lot. Cool
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm curious since I expect to need an SD card for my new machine...are these branded by each machine maker...or can a generic off the shelf SD card work?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SD card backup on PC and new SD card snorin2 0 922 12-05-2022, 01:53 PM
Last Post: snorin2
  ResMed S9 SD Card "Invalid SD Card, erase card data?" MAPnea 41 50,870 04-29-2021, 03:42 AM
Last Post: Scobber
  Downloading data to SD card of Resmed for nights that SD card not in ResMed machine Robert6 8 9,327 06-19-2015, 09:28 AM
Last Post: estgad
  Forgot to put card back in machine, is there a way to copy it from machine to card? Marnid2014 6 6,250 04-06-2014, 08:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.