Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

S9 Serial number mismatch
S9 Serial number mismatch
the Sticker on the outside has a SN, and the machine reports its SN to Sleepyhead... they both agree on the first 6 digits, and disagree on the last 5.... Does that happen a lot?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: S9 Serial number mismatch
Mine matches. Have you used more than one machine?
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-10-2014, 01:54 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote: Mine matches. Have you used more than one machine?

no. This is the first ever.
Post Reply Post Reply
I can only guess that the wrong label was slapped on the machine as it went down the assembly line. As for how often it happens, we'll never know as most people won't cross-check the physical label against the software. Not being rude, but are you unusually thorough in checking all the details? Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
What is the provenance of your machine? A mistake on the line is possible; but, I think unlikely.
Since the SN is on a label in the case; and in the firmware, it's possible the machine was refurbished with a new mainboard.

Or, as Paula would say: Aliens!
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-10-2014, 04:51 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote: I can only guess that the wrong label was slapped on the machine as it went down the assembly line. As for how often it happens, we'll never know as most people won't cross-check the physical label against the software. Not being rude, but are you unusually thorough in checking all the details? Smile

ummmm, yeah. I am a Software QA Engineer Dielaughing
(12-10-2014, 09:34 AM)justMongo Wrote: What is the provenance of your machine? A mistake on the line is possible; but, I think unlikely.
Since the SN is on a label in the case; and in the firmware, it's possible the machine was refurbished with a new mainboard.

Or, as Paula would say: Aliens!

aliens.... Shock

Hrmmm Refurbished, I bet. I was thinking imaged, but refurbished is actually more likely! grrr. its supposed to be new!
Post Reply Post Reply
It's all a plot. I just tried to register my wife's new vacuum cleaner and was informed that there was no such thing as the model I was trying to register. But they were happy to be of service to me.
Post Reply Post Reply
I hope that's not what you got her for Christmas.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Well yes actually... And I think she's thrilled. I got her two of them. One (the one I was trying to register) is a canister thingy that she can drag around the house on cleaning day. The other is a cordless thingy that is great for those little pick ups. It has a sort of "base station" where you plug it in to recharge it. It's really cool. Even as we speak she's looking for just the right place to stick it.

Now then... What was this thread about? I forgot.
Post Reply Post Reply
Mystery Solved.... The S9 Serial no was hiding under the cellular transmitter and the one I found was only for the humidifier. silly me.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  High Number of Central Apneas HungryPanda 5 456 02-13-2024, 09:19 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Number of Events? Heaviside 8 337 02-12-2024, 07:17 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  S10 REF Number The Mask Bandit 2 201 02-05-2024, 05:21 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Sad [Treatment] New to APAP. High number of "Clear Airway events". Not sure what to do. lujojo 17 1,134 01-30-2024, 10:14 AM
Last Post: lujojo
  Seeing large number of clear airway events after starting new medication PapaColin 5 326 01-20-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Same number of events with or without the mouth guard I got to treat sleep apnea? hejohoo 0 386 08-27-2023, 10:12 AM
Last Post: hejohoo
  Daytime fatigue w/ lower AHI, higher number of CA quartet3424 6 1,117 07-17-2023, 11:22 AM
Last Post: Jay51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.