Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

S9 SlimLine vs. standard size tubing - a difference?
S9 SlimLine vs. standard size tubing - a difference?
Well, my SlimLine narrow-diameter hosing that came with my S9 AutoSet is finally on it's last legs. It's lasted a heck of long time, and it has electrical tape in two spots where I patched a couple of leaks. (yeah, I know I'm cheap).

So, I've got a new extra standard hose that I'd like to use with my S9. I do know that I'll have to change the settings in the S9 itself from "SlimLine" to "standard" tubing. As far as comfort or convenience, it doesn't matter to me either way-- (to use the SlimLine or Standard hose).

My question is: Will there be any (non-comfort) benefit at all if I shell out more money to pay for a new SlimLine hose and use it rather than use the new Standard size hose that I already have?

Does the S9 machine operate better, more efficiently or more effectively with a SlimLine as opposed to a standard hose?

Dont-know
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: S9 SlimLine vs. standard size tubing - a difference?
I believe it's the other way round. Larger tube diameter = less restricted air flow = easier for the blower.

I guess the SlimLine is just lightweight and practical, not necessarily higher performing.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-10-2013, 01:35 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: Does the S9 machine operate better, more efficiently or more effectively with a SlimLine as opposed to a standard hose?

Dont-know
machines designed to compensate for slim hoses so in this regard makes no difference to treatment effectiveness

the slim hose is easier to hold with rubber cuff and connect to the mask but if size matter, standard hose is a bit longer Coffee

Edit: as you,re using nasal pillows, the slim hose might work better for you because of the weight of the standard hose might be pulling on the mask which is so light or if wanted you can route the hose upward
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't think it matters for therapy. If there were a MUCH greater volume of air it might effect rapidity of pressure change due to compression, but with the small volume of air we're talking about it surely isn't an issue.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-10-2013, 05:48 PM)zonk Wrote: machines designed to compensate for slim hoses so in this regard makes no difference to treatment effectiveness
Exactly. That's why we are given the option in the menu. Thinner hose restricts air flow, creating higher pressure readings, so the machine has to correct this.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Transcend (Somnetics) Micro Power Plug Size SteadyState 6 1,790 03-25-2024, 01:14 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,241 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Difference between S-Mode and VAUTO mode - Aircurve MrIvanDrago 3 250 02-27-2024, 02:28 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Tube Size - 12mm, 15mm and 22mm MrIvanDrago 8 474 02-23-2024, 09:31 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
Question Difference between Vauto and S modes PeaceLoveAndPizza 9 1,061 02-20-2024, 09:27 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Using cleaning brushes in heated tubing TiredTom111 9 607 01-29-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  ResMed AirSense 11 + ClimateLine 11 Heated Tubing + Oxygen YankeeLaker 2 358 01-22-2024, 08:17 PM
Last Post: YankeeLaker

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.