Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

S9 - Smartstart not so smart (and not starting)
S9 - Smartstart not so smart (and not starting)
For some reason the Smartstart feature has stopped working on my S9 VPAP Adapt. When I check the clinician's menu, I see that Smartstart is greyed out.

Any ideas what might have caused this, and how I might get it back? It's just a small thing, but I really like that feature.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: S9 - Smartstart not so smart (and not starting)
The smart start usually won't work with a full face mask due to the valve thingy in them.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi DeepBreathing
Do you have leak alert turned on? if so, turn it off
Maybe you cannot have both smartstart and leak alert on at the same time
Post Reply Post Reply
PaulaO2 - I've always used a FFM and Smartstart has worked with them.

Zonk - Bingo! I tried the leak alert as I still take the mask off at times. Turning leak alert off gave me access to Smartstart. The leak alert wasn't very successful anyway - I just reached over, hit the off button and went back to sleep sans mask. Sad
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New APAP machine: Lowenstein Prisma Smart Max Robert Detz 10 365 03-21-2024, 07:58 AM
Last Post: WisNaeMe
  [CPAP] PRISMA SMART MAX PROBLEMS WITH SOFTPAP LEVEL 2 rretamalt 18 2,007 03-19-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: motivationalGust
  1 year on CPAP - No progress: Lowenstein Prisma Smart phoen1kx 30 1,465 03-15-2024, 04:47 PM
Last Post: phoen1kx
  Smart Watches/devices Fourkidletts 172 16,460 03-02-2024, 10:52 PM
Last Post: dataq1
  Slept fully twice in 3 months since starting CPAP for CSA redking2436 13 672 02-18-2024, 08:30 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] A new ResMed AirSense 10 fails to do Smart Stop when at higher altitude. mountaincat 6 539 01-28-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: mountaincat
  Seeing large number of clear airway events after starting new medication PapaColin 5 323 01-20-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.