Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

S9 Start Up Question
S9 Start Up Question
Hey folks, hope everyone is doing well.

On my new S9 VPAP S, once I've set the humidity level set and locked that change in, do I have to lock it everytime I start the machine up. As soon as you press the start button, humidity level is shown in the orange unlocked screen. I asked the DME and they said I have to lock it each time I start the machine. That seems pretty ridiculous to me and a lot of extra wear on the push dial switch.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: S9 Start Up Question
Hi Blebs,
That sounds silly to me, something that costs that much should remember last night's setting.

I'm sure another owner of like machine will give you some tips.

Cheers!
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. It just doesn't make sense and of course, resmeds instructions aren't pointing it out as obvious either.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-04-2013, 03:47 PM)blebs Wrote: As soon as you press the start button, humidity level is shown in the orange unlocked screen.
Its normal, so you can turn the dial one way or another, if the air feel warm or cold
http://www.resmed.com/us/assets/document...er_eng.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
I called the manufacture and they claim it stays orange so if you want to raise or lower the seting you dont have to unlock it even if you lock it in to blue I bet if you check it in 10 minites it will be orange again
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks all. I really couldn't understand why she told me I had to lock it every time. I mean I'm using water and there is really only one way that can happen. If the plate is heating, so it made no sense to me why you should have to lock it in every start up.

Zonk I have every manual and more for this thing, but none of them actually say for certain that this is the case. I appreciate your input also.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah, it's not necessary. It's just so you can change it if you need to when you turn it on each night. Like, on a rainy night, where the humidity is higher, you may not need the humidifier turned up so high.

Your supplier is just repeating what he/she was told to say. Bless their hearts.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks again. Live and learn. hehe.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-04-2013, 08:26 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Your supplier is just repeating what he/she was told to say. Bless their hearts.

"Bless their hearts."

I'm from the South. I know what that means.

OMyMyOHellYes

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-05-2013, 06:10 AM)OMyMyOHellYes Wrote:
(06-04-2013, 08:26 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Your supplier is just repeating what he/she was told to say. Bless their hearts.

"Bless their hearts."

I'm from the South. I know what that means.

OMyMyOHellYes

The full translation is: "Bless their ignorant hearts". BigwinkToo-funny
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP journey start - please help (thread) Negligee1136 48 4,283 01-29-2024, 03:54 AM
Last Post: zaienk
  Need to start CPAP and feeling overwhelmed shipofools999 11 1,190 10-06-2023, 07:10 AM
Last Post: Fabby
  DreamStation Auto Initial Start-up WilliamZ 3 503 09-11-2023, 11:23 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  Should I start CPAP? brianstermat09 3 516 08-24-2023, 04:00 AM
Last Post: Ockrocket
  [CPAP] Hoping to find a fix for my CPAP's decision to start blasting me while inhaling. Speusippus 1 460 08-14-2023, 07:41 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  How should I start sleep2023 8 903 07-03-2023, 02:04 AM
Last Post: sleep2023
  Sorry to start new thread but need nap Morgannon 148 6,637 06-04-2023, 07:52 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.