Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to CPAP. unhappy with sleep therapist. Advise needed.
RE: New to CPAP. unhappy with sleep therapist. Advise needed.
The DreamStation Pro is the machine DeepBreathing is referring to. It is a fixed pressure machine with an AutoTrial function. I was prescribed this machine and have just recently purchased a ResMed A10 Auto out of pocket. I'm much more satisfied with the A10 than the DreamStation Pro.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-10-2018, 11:44 PM)SIRSnoralot Wrote: ...I got stuck with the dreamstation because it was the only one with a cellular modem they could access data from wirelessly.

Perhaps in your argument for the ResMed, you can point out that data can be shared by SD card. The day-to-day treatment of your severe sleep apnea is the most pressing concern; not their ability to monitor it conveniently.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-12-2018, 11:19 AM)kiwii Wrote:
(01-10-2018, 11:44 PM)SIRSnoralot Wrote: ...I got stuck with the dreamstation because it was the only one with a cellular modem they could access data from wirelessly.

Perhaps in your argument for the ResMed, you can point out that data can be shared by SD card. The day-to-day treatment of your severe sleep apnea is the most pressing concern; not their ability to monitor it conveniently.

I agree with Kiwii completely.

As I said above, you are not constrained to accept any particular machine - Australia is a free country and you can buy any machine you want from any supplier you want. You do not need a prescription to purchase a CPAP in Australia, and you do not need to buy a particular machine just because it suits the convenience of the provider.

As far as the remote monitoring is concerned, I have two points:

1. Resmed machines also offer this facility. If your supplier can't monitor a Resmed machine remotely, that is a problem with the supplier, not the machine.

2. Remote monitoring is highly over-rated in my view. It's a great way for doctors and suppliers to generate more fees. Any person of medium to average intelligence can learn to monitor their own therapy and (with advice) make any necessary adjustments. Let's face it - every diabetic learns how to monitor their blood sugar and adjust their insulin, and there's no need to be a rocket scientist to do that. Managing your own CPAP therapy is much easier once you know the basics, and there is a large pool of experienced and dedicated volunteers right here who can help you through.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Diagnosis] First post-CPAP visit to Sleep Doc - What to talk about? FlyAU98 6 186 03-23-2024, 09:08 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Needing help fixing my sleep with cpap nunogarcia 2 154 03-22-2024, 09:04 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Canadian here without insurance. Purchase advice needed. TrailerSweetheart 31 5,514 03-21-2024, 06:54 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 143 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 160 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  First Night Looking for advise wjg1 4 174 03-12-2024, 06:34 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  Help needed to understand chart SteveC 0 96 03-11-2024, 11:54 PM
Last Post: SteveC

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.