Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[split] New and Need Help - How do I change my pressure?
[split] New and Need Help - How do I change my pressure?
I've just joined, but have used CPAP for several years.  A recent sleep study recommended I raise pressure from 8 CM to 12 CM.      OK.
How do I do that without paying a technician to come 40 miles?

Please be specific.  This web-site is confusing.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New and Need Help
Is the answer somewhere on this web-site?  I haven't found it yet.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi nerves01 - There are brief instructions on how to get to the clinicians' menu in Section One of the page titled 'CPAP Setup Manuals' in the black bar at the top of each page.
You can also find instructions about how to request the clinicians' manual in Section Three of that page. You will want to change the maximum and minimum therapy pressures, and you may find other things to change, like the ramp start pressure, or turning off the ramp pressure entirely. It's a very useful manual.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-11-2018, 06:29 PM)nerves01 Wrote: Is the answer somewhere on this web-site?  I haven't found it yet.

Here you go! easy peasy. http://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-s9-cpap-setup
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: [split] New and Need Help - How do I change my pressure?
Hi nerves01,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
You have come to the right place for guidance.
Good luck as you continue CPAP therapy, hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: [split] New and Need Help - How do I change my pressure?
You'll be driving your machine, as easy as a car in a few weeks. Download sleepyhead and use the SD card to look at your results. Again the instructions are at the top of the page.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,431 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  [CPAP] Prisma 20A - Change of machine and regression elliott.981. 17 1,705 03-21-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Macka
  Split night sleep study Bwanajohn51 0 63 03-20-2024, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Bwanajohn51
  [split] Doctor won't help improve Vauto settings JohnCondor 7 523 02-19-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Any change recommendations to machine? NativTxn 2 318 02-17-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: NativTxn
  [split] Central and Complex apneas with CPAP JohnCondor 3 277 02-16-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Symptoms] Recent Symptom - Settings Change? MamaK55 1 164 02-10-2024, 06:03 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.