Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

S9 auto or 10 cpap?
S9 auto or 10 cpap?
Getting my first machine in a week. Doctor's office says the DME can give me the Elite (cpap) version of the ResMed Airsense 10 or if I want an apap I have to get that with an S9 because the DME doesn't carry the AutoSense version of the Airsense. Opinions? Thanks. --Alice
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: S9 auto or 10 cpap?
I haven't tried the 10, hopefully someone who has tried both can chime in, but I personally am really glad I had an auto machine. I've tried both cpap and auto mode and the auto mode cuts down on side effects A LOT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Even if S9 is the previous version APAP capable machine is better then a newer CPAP model....

;-> gjw
Post Reply Post Reply
There is no valid reason whatsoever why they don't carry both AirSense 10 Elite and AirSense 10 AutoSet
If they carry one, they should carry the other

Sound like the DME trying to flog S9 AutoSet still have in stock before dispensing the new AirSense 10 AutoSet

Given a choice between S9 AutoSet and AirSense 10 Elite ... I would choose S9 AutoSet
S9 AutoSet is better machine as it offer two modes of therapy .. AutoSet and CPAP (two machines in one)
AirSense 10 Elite offer one mode only ... CPAP

Mother of all choices would be "AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her", offer 3 modes of therapy ... CPAP, AutoSet, and AutoSet for Her ... 3 machines in one, plus report RERA in all 3 modes, all others don't (the only one in the AirSense 10 series)

All AutoSet machines are the same price, Elites cost less but not by much, only few dollars in it

Bottom of the ladder are S9 Escapes and AirSense 10 CPAP, avoid at all costs

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-15-2015, 01:47 PM)eviltim Wrote: I haven't tried the 10, hopefully someone who has tried both can chime in, but I personally am really glad I had an auto machine. I've tried both cpap and auto mode and the auto mode cuts down on side effects A LOT.

What side effects did the auto mode cut down on?

Thanks all, I'm going to call a couple other DME's tomorrow and see if they have the AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her. I agree that it sounds like they want to get rid of their S9's.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-15-2015, 01:27 PM)fractalice Wrote: Getting my first machine in a week. Doctor's office says the DME can give me the Elite (cpap) version of the ResMed Airsense 10 or if I want an apap I have to get that with an S9 because the DME doesn't carry the AutoSense version of the Airsense. Opinions? Thanks. --Alice

Find a different DME the S9 is the old version, (Nothing wrong with old version) if you want an Auto from ResMed get the Airsense 10 or the AutoSet for her.
Why settle for less Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
There aren't a lot of clear big advantages of the A10 line over the S9 line. S9 has a good track record.

Get the S9 AutoSet vs. the A10 elite. The auto machine will do both auto and manual mode.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-15-2015, 06:30 PM)fractalice Wrote:
(01-15-2015, 01:47 PM)eviltim Wrote: I haven't tried the 10, hopefully someone who has tried both can chime in, but I personally am really glad I had an auto machine. I've tried both cpap and auto mode and the auto mode cuts down on side effects A LOT.

What side effects did the auto mode cut down on?

For me: waking up, dry mouth, leaks. Basically the auto when configured correctly should allow you to spend more time at a lower pressure, reducing the side effects of high pressure.
Post Reply Post Reply
For what it's worth, I am new to c-pap and I got the A10 Airsense Autoset and I love it. If I'd known however about how the A10 Autosense Autoset FOR HER also has the detection of RERA's I might have fussed to get one, though I don't quite yet get what RERA's are and how likely it is that I need that feature.

I love that my machine has cloud reporting, I don't have to connect it to the internet etc, it sends my stuff wirelessly to the docs etc. I don't know if the S9 has that, though I understand S9 is an excellent machine otherwise.

I didn't fuss for a "for her" in my case, in part because I'd researched DME's on yelp and the better business bureau, and they across the board have such LOW ratings (especially on yelp) I wanted the best rated I could get because I will need to deal with these folks regularly. My criteria was...

1. Good machine available that meets Docs script
2. physically nearby, easy to get to as parking and traffic in San Francisco can be a bear.
3. Well rated for customer service (here, I kid you not, that was like a 2.5 star on Yelp, but they were a member of the BBB)

I wouldn't have traded 2 and 3 for a for her, and that's what I'd have had to do.

Wishing you all the best with your journey.
Susan in San Francisco
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you all. Susan, I'd basically come up with a similar checklist myself. I've found a DME that is much closer to me than the one my doctor recommended. They are BBB accredited. Not many reviews of any DMEs in my area. But they told me as long as the doctor provided what they needed, they will order me an A10 Autosense Autoset for Her. I just need the doctor's office to fax them a prescription that names that exact machine, chart notes, and both sleep studies, and I'm willing to wait for that.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Pressure] Returning Auto CPAP user, help interpreting my OSCAR data and pressure settings cpappadoppoulos 3 406 01-25-2024, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 585 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  Dry mouth with Resmed 11 auto, not with S9 auto? pumpkln 3 597 09-13-2023, 12:46 PM
Last Post: eok361
  CPAP DreamStation CPAP Pro con Auto-Trial AirSense 10 AutoSet cybor 0 582 09-09-2023, 11:08 AM
Last Post: cybor
  Breas Z2 Auto Portable Auto-CPAP Machine Package kbingel 9 3,004 08-18-2023, 07:10 PM
Last Post: Txgeodigger
  Auto-adjusting CPAP as replacement in Philips Recall Speusippus 1 589 08-14-2023, 05:16 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Apex XT Auto CPAP - Error 003 - Factory Reset? zephyr325 0 853 05-24-2023, 03:52 PM
Last Post: zephyr325

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.