Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

S9 autoset and SD cards
S9 autoset and SD cards
I've read the posts about getting third party SD cards to work with the S9 but I have a different question. When I got the S9 the dme told me to always turn off the machine before removing the SD card. I'm assuming she was referring to memory card sometimes losing all their data when removed. OK no big deal. However she she was unsure about the power issue when inserting the card. I've read here that inserting the SD card and then powering up was a way to format third party cards. So my question is do you lose the existing data on the card if you reinsert it and power up because it gets reformated? I'm concerned about this because I want to transfer data to my computer for SH analysis but don't want to lose the compliance data on the card if the dme or the sleep management firm that Medicare uses wants the card. Currently the sleep management firm has the wireless trasmitter on the machine for compliance checking.
RE: S9 autoset and SD cards
Interesting question, but not one that I can give a definitive answer to. I've never even consider turning off my machine before removing or re-inserting the SD card. I leave the thing plugged in all the time. I just assumed it worked like my PC - but you know how assumptions work. Oh-jeez
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
The machine should be off when removing or inserting the card. Using SleepyHead has no effect on the data stored on the card.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Turned off as in unplugged or turned off as in not running (air blowing)?
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

I mean off like unplugged from the power source.

My assumption was that the data on the card would stay. But then again with ResMed you never really know.
I have done it both ways with no problems.
Always safer to turn it off I guess.
I have been "hot plugging" SD cards and other memory c ards since they came onto the market. I have NEVER had a single loss of data in any sort of machine whatsoever! If I was just lucky, I would have won the lottery by now. Sorry but my personal belief is that this is just some stupid rumor that has been going around forever!
As always, YMMV! You do not have to agree or disagree, I am not a professional so my mental meanderings are simply recollections of things from my own life.

PRS1 - Auto - A-Flex x2 - 12.50 - 20 - Humid x2 - Swift FX
MaskedMan..I do not have the ResMed system. I have a PR Sys 1 Auto and I remove the SD card routinely every Sunday to up load to SleepHead. All data stays on the card. I do not turn my machine off (un-plug) ever, except to travel.
Your comment about the DME receiving your compliance numbers via a wireless xmitter, says it all to me.. All they care about is keeping Medicare happy about the hours of therapy. I would the SD card as you desire. Reformatting the card is probably not necessary. I have used a new, third party, and also a third party SD 2GB out of my digital camera. The camera will (if you have one) reformat it for you.
Yesterday is history; Tomorrow is a mystery; Today is a gift; Thats why its called "The Present".  
Every time you insert the card into the machine ..." Reading SD card" displayed on the screen and if the machine turned on without the card you get "No SD card detected" displayed on the screen. It don,t make any difference but you need to have the card in the machine while sleeping to get detailed data written on the card.

(08-16-2012, 09:55 AM)Masked Man Wrote: I've read the posts about getting third party SD cards to work with the S9 but I have a different question. When I got the S9 the dme told me to always turn off the machine before removing the SD card. I'm assuming she was referring to memory card sometimes losing all their data when removed. OK no big deal. However she she was unsure about the power issue when inserting the card. I've read here that inserting the SD card and then powering up was a way to format third party cards. So my question is do you lose the existing data on the card if you reinsert it and power up because it gets reformated? I'm concerned about this because I want to transfer data to my computer for SH analysis but don't want to lose the compliance data on the card if the dme or the sleep management firm that Medicare uses wants the card. Currently the sleep management firm has the wireless trasmitter on the machine for compliance checking.

Below is the Page 24 of the Sept 2011 Version of the Clinical Guide.
Note that it says that you should unplug the S9 before removing the SD card. But it does not say that for re-inserting the SD card.

I unplug my S9 every Sunday morning to both remove the SD card & remove the Climateline Hose for cleaning.

At that time, I put in my 2nd SD card, but do NOT replug the S9 until after I have cleaned the Climateline Hose & re-connected it to the S9.

SD card
The SD card allows S9 devices to capture
data. The S9 Series comes with the SD card
already inserted and ready to be used.
Compliance data is also stored on the
device, so if the card is lost, the data is not.
You can also create new treatment settings
and transfer them to the patient’s device via
the SD card.
S9 device settings are written to the SD
card so that a ResMed PC application will
present actual settings from the SD card
rather than default values.
Data management
The SD card may be used to monitor patient usage as well as treatment pressure, mask leak (only
available in the S9 AutoSet and S9 Elite), and incidence of apneas and hypopneas. To assess the patient’s
progress, data for the last session may be compared to values for the last week, the last month, the last
three months, the last six months, and the last year. The device stores usage and summary data for up to
365 sessions.
Removing the card
Before removing the card, instruct the patient to disconnect the S9 device from the power outlet.
To remove the card, instruct the patient to:
1. Push in the SD
card to release
it.
2. Remove the
card.
3. Insert the
card into the
protective
folder.
4. Send the
protective folder
back to you as
instructed.
Inserting the card
1. Remove the card from the protective folder.
2. Push the card into the S9 device until it clicks.
3. The following message is briefly displayed: Reading SD card
Notes:
•• For more information on removing and inserting the card refer to the S9 SD Card Protective Folder
provided with the device.
•• Ask the patient to retain the S9 SD Card Protective Folder for future use.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 114 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  Oscar and SD cards for machine/user swap ahuman 3 117 03-15-2024, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Data on 2 separate SD cards. Merge? eok361 21 878 12-11-2023, 06:04 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Compatible SD cards for ResMed AS11 suddenSomnolence 4 1,329 09-28-2023, 07:33 PM
Last Post: stevew77
  Philips Respironics Bipap Auto SV, cards and settings SenatorBirch 3 544 05-01-2023, 06:58 PM
  autoset vs autoset for her on airsense 11? Uzupan 7 1,385 02-06-2023, 03:37 PM
  S10 Autoset or S11 Autoset? The Latinist 3 1,862 02-01-2023, 04:57 PM
Last Post: tomtiki

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.