Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Res Scan Software
Res Scan Software
I have been using the ResScan Software for about a week. Its showing AHI of aprpox 8.6 over the period. When i look at the detail data it shows between 0.3 and 0.8 AH the rest is an almost continuous Hypopnia.

That said I use nasal pillows and sleep on my side which often seems to cut off one of the pillows.

Secondly the hypopnea is occurring in the very detailed data every minute is that because of the sample size. I have an S8 VPAP 25 and Swift FX pillows.

Ken
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Res Scan Software
Hypopneas (the H in the AHI) are shallow breathing that last more than 10 seconds.

Do you have any lung conditions such as asthma? Or a nose issue such as polyps?

A week's worth of data is just now starting to show possible trends. Give it another week. If at that point the hypopneas are still high. consider seeing your doctor. Even your GP could help by ruling out other non-sleep apnea issues.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the quick response. Yes I understand the terms from some very good reading on the forum. I dont have Asthma or polyps in fact my breathing have been much better and my nose very clear since starting on the machine two years ago.

I went back to the summary data from the last six months and it shows AHI at between 8 and 10 with the AH portion below 1.0 and most under 0.3 per hour.

I'll check with my doctor and post his comments.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Kenmac1005, WELCOME! to the forum.! Keep checking back for more suggestions, best of luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Sounds like your pressure needs to be raised just a little.

And yes, please let us know what your doc says. Because, you know, deep down, we actually care. Laugh-a-lotOh-jeez
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
A hypopnea is scored when the airflow drops by 50% into and out the lungs for at least 10 seconds. The S8 unlike the S9 (Enhanced AutoSet Algorithm) don,t differentiates between obstructive and central sleep apnea. Followup with your sleep physician - Good Luck
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ReMed Airsense software/firmware Ralph436 22 1,123 01-23-2024, 11:55 AM
Last Post: george1945
  Contec CMS50E Pulse Oximeter Software John7 0 381 11-12-2023, 09:18 AM
Last Post: John7
  [Equipment] Which 24 Hr Oximeter to buy & PC/Tablet compatible software EasySleep 0 340 11-08-2023, 08:26 AM
Last Post: EasySleep
  Lowenstein Software shawsg 2 585 09-27-2023, 12:10 PM
Last Post: shawsg
  AirSense 11 Stopped Transmitting ?Related to Software Update? YankeeLaker 57 7,077 08-19-2023, 09:54 AM
Last Post: jijididit
  Lumis 100 and correct software for reading a sleep data?? doognibor 3 641 08-08-2023, 02:19 PM
Last Post: Dire
  AirSense 11 water / humidity / software incident rpierce 5 1,194 07-31-2023, 08:53 PM
Last Post: rpierce

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.