Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

S9 elite will not read SD card.
S9 elite will not read SD card.
I downloaded the Sleepyhead software today so that I can read my SD card data from my S9 Elite machine, so, instead of pointing the software directly at my SD card, I copied and pasted the data from the card into a folder in my documents file and uploaded the data from there onto Sleepyhead. I did nothing to the SD card other than copy and paste. Now my S9 will not read my card, it gives me an option whether or not to delete all data from the card. I'm not sure what to do. I have an appointment with the technician in the morning, I'm worried that they will be mad at me for tampering with the device, although everything that I have read on this forum suggests that it's alright for me to read my own data. I had no idea attempting to do so would mess up my card. Should I try to read my own data again after my appointment with the technician?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: S9 elite will not read SD card.
(05-27-2014, 11:21 PM)Canadian_Jesus Wrote: Now my S9 will not read my card, it gives me an option whether or not to delete all data from the card. I'm not sure what to do.
First try rebooting, unplug ... wait ... plug and see if the S9 can read the card
If not ... choose yes, nothing is lost as you've download the data on your computer or wait until after you see the technician

The S9 does that from time to time, solution to lock the card before put in the card reader and lock it afterwards before putting in the machine

The S9 write back on the card therapy and summary data up to 365 days on the card but not detailed data as detailed data is written directly on the card (also the card stores 30 days of detailed data and 7 days of flow data)

Welcome
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-27-2014, 11:45 PM)zonk Wrote:
(05-27-2014, 11:21 PM)Canadian_Jesus Wrote: Now my S9 will not read my card, it gives me an option whether or not to delete all data from the card. I'm not sure what to do.
First try rebooting, unplug ... wait ... plug and see if the S9 can read the card
If not ... choose yes, nothing is lost as you've download the data on your computer or wait until after you see the technician

The S9 does that from time to time, solution to lock the card before put in the card reader and lock it afterwards before putting in the machine

The S9 write back on the card therapy and summary data up to 365 days on the card but not detailed data as detailed data is written directly on the card (also the card stores 30 days of detailed data and 7 days of flow data)

Welcome

Should be routine to lock/unlock the card.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-27-2014, 11:21 PM)Canadian_Jesus Wrote: I downloaded the Sleepyhead software today so that I can read my SD card data from my S9 Elite machine, so, instead of pointing the software directly at my SD card, I copied and pasted the data from the card into a folder in my documents file and uploaded the data from there onto Sleepyhead. I did nothing to the SD card other than copy and paste. Now my S9 will not read my card, it gives me an option whether or not to delete all data from the card. I'm not sure what to do. I have an appointment with the technician in the morning, I'm worried that they will be mad at me for tampering with the device, although everything that I have read on this forum suggests that it's alright for me to read my own data. I had no idea attempting to do so would mess up my card. Should I try to read my own data again after my appointment with the technician?

You are running Windows 8.1.. There is a "situation" where 8.1 writes a file onto the sdcard when you insert it into the computer unless you have locked the card with the little switch on the side.

There are two options:
1. Don't worry anything about it. Let the Resmed reformat it. After that, it will automatically update the card with all the required information. The only thing not re-recorded is the detailed graph stuff that is only saved on the card for a week anyhow. So in a week, the card is as fully populated as if nothing ever happened.

2. There is a thread here nearby that describes a command file you can put on your computer desktop that will automatically erase the file Windows 8.1 put on the sdcard. Then it will load in the Resmed without reformatting.

Easiest thing for now? Let it reformat and get a good nights sleep.

Here's the link to the description of how to write a command file to solve this issue. Also the next reply down is my add-on to the process.
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...4#pid70304
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Canadian_Jesus,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more responses to your post and best of luck to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, so I lock it before reading the data, and then I unlock it so that my S9 can load data onto it. Thanks guys, this forum is a pretty helpful place. There's no shortage of helpful info just reading the posts on this board. My next step is to learn to read the graphs on SleepyHead.
BTW, I have version 0.9.5 , is that the current version? It says in a red bar on the top of the page that it is pre-release software. Do I have the current version? Either way, there is tons of interesting information in the form of graphs that I have yet to decipher, but I'm going to do a search on this forum for a post about reading what all the numbers mean.
Post Reply Post Reply
0.9.5 is the latest 'test' revision of SleepyHead. That's the one I'm using and have no problems. Mark hasn't officially released version 1 yet so everything is a "test" revision. 0.9.6 should be out soon and it has a lot of improvements for some known issues.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hm, well, I have ResScan aswell as SleepyHead now, and they're both fascinating. I find SleepyHead is a little easier to read when it comes to the graphs. The problem is now that I have uploaded my data last night because apparently I removed my mask and shut off my machine 3.5 hours into my sleep, and kept on sleeping without being aware of it, so I want to see what happened on the graphs. But now, I have the same issue where my S9 will not read the card after I put it back in. I locked the card before uploading data, but it seems that if I'm right, windows 8.1 put that same stupid file back onto it. I need to figure out again now how to unlock the card. Maybe ResScan has that feature.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, well, the good news is that by reading the graphs on SleepyHead I was able to see that it was in fact a major leak that caused me to semi-consciously remove my mask and shut down my machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-29-2014, 04:13 PM)Canadian_Jesus Wrote: I need to figure out again now how to unlock the card.
[Image: SD_memory-lock.jpg]
Card Locking Feature http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php?title=Sd_card
On most SD memory cards, there is a sliding "lock" on the left side of the card. When moved downward to the "lock" position, data can be read from the card, but new data cannot be written to the card. When moved up to the "unlocked" position, data can be either read or written to the card. When used in conjunction with a data-recording CPAP machine, it is important to make certain that the SD card remains in the "unlocked" position so the machine can record patient data to the memory card.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Not using water in AirSense 10 Elite Nishimark 2 91 03-21-2024, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Nishimark
  [CPAP] Res Med S9 Elite bikerfriend 3 99 03-14-2024, 09:41 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 228 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  How to read the Snore Graph daz2264 0 285 12-30-2023, 03:42 PM
Last Post: daz2264
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite stuck "erasing all data", bricked User3001 0 269 11-17-2023, 12:03 PM
Last Post: User3001
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,132 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
Question How do I enable autoset on a ReMed Airsense 10 elite krschultz 3 578 09-25-2023, 06:17 PM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.