Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

S9 humidifier "Warm up"
S9 humidifier "Warm up"
How long does it take the humidifier to warm up when using that option?

I've tried it a few times in the past week and it is taking forever (and I am not patient). I give up and when I put them mask on and hit the "on" button, I get that hot smell like when the tank runs out of water, even though the tub is full. Then I start sneezing.

What I am trying to do is not have cold air blowing into my sensitive throat right away. I eventually get used to it but right now, when I first lay down, I can't take a deep breath or I have a coughing fit. I had hoped the warm up option would fix that.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: S9 humidifier "Warm up"
PaulaO2, I was told about 10 minutes, you may have to try heating it 30 mins before you want to go to sleep or get someone to look at the humidifier.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-10-2014, 05:08 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: How long does it take the humidifier to warm up when using that option?

I've tried it a few times in the past week and it is taking forever (and I am not patient). I give up and when I put them mask on and hit the "on" button, I get that hot smell like when the tank runs out of water, even though the tub is full. Then I start sneezing.

What I am trying to do is not have cold air blowing into my sensitive throat right away. I eventually get used to it but right now, when I first lay down, I can't take a deep breath or I have a coughing fit. I had hoped the warm up option would fix that.

Paula, I have the same issue. I sometimes try to press the warm up button a few minutes before I get into bed and put on my mask. It really work then. "A watched pot never boils" ;-)http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/images/...iggrin.gif
Post Reply Post Reply
Heh, probably.

I'll turn it on first then get everything ready. Maybe by then it will be done. I'm hoping by then the smell is gone, too. I think it's just the hot plate getting hot and the heat not yet being dispersed by the tub. I still have the humidifier turned on 84. I have to get up to eat and take the antibiotic at 5 so I just refill the tank then. So it has worked out having it that high.

PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-10-2014, 07:43 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Heh, probably.

I'll turn it on first then get everything ready. Maybe by then it will be done. I'm hoping by then the smell is gone, too. I think it's just the hot plate getting hot and the heat not yet being dispersed by the tub. I still have the humidifier turned on 84. I have to get up to eat and take the antibiotic at 5 so I just refill the tank then. So it has worked out having it that high.

Maybe try then climate control hose with the power hook up.
Post Reply Post Reply
Not sure what you mean. I am using the Climateline.

I did notice that when I use the "warm up" feature, the Climateline hose is noticeably warm to the touch. One night when it was ghastly cold (went to -8 here), I actually snuggled with it to go to sleep.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-11-2014, 12:41 AM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Not sure what you mean. I am using the Climateline.

I did notice that when I use the "warm up" feature, the Climateline hose is noticeably warm to the touch. One night when it was ghastly cold (went to -8 here), I actually snuggled with it to go to sleep.

Thats what I meant Climateline. I wish they had gave me one.
Does it help with dry mouth?
Post Reply Post Reply
Quote:Thats what I meant Climateline. I wish they had gave me one.
Does it help with dry mouth?

you can ask your doctor to write a script for the climateline tubing. I started out with a climateline tubing so I don't know what it is like to not have one and how it helps with dry mouth, etc. I am sure someone else here can answer that for you. in the meantime, ask your doctor for a script for one (at least Apria told me that they had to have a script if my doctor wanted me to have a climateline tube).
Post Reply Post Reply
Paula, I have never noticed any smell from the humidifier. Is it possible that something has gotten on the heating plate that gets cooked a bit when heating up? Odd, but a few times I have started sneezing right after putting my mask on. Never thought it might be the machine. I am plagued with allergies.

Also Paula, I keep reading references about temperature settings and I don't see this. Is this a function of the heated hose or am I missing something. Sometimes my air feels quite cool.
Post Reply Post Reply
Bladskinner, all the Climateline is for is to prevent Rainout. It heats up the hose to about the same as the air from the humidifier so condensation doesn't form. It wouldn't help with dry mouth any more than the humidifier alone.

drgrimes, when the Climateline is properly seated, the humidifier icon is both a temperature gauge and a water droplet. This is the "auto" setting. When you turn the knob to set it, it is a temperature setting of 67 to 87 I think. If it is set to "manual", then it is two settings, the temp and the water drop.

If the Climateline is not properly seated, then it is just the usual water drop.

Oh, and as for the smell, I have always smelled it when the tub runs out of water. Sometimes it just smells like something hot but usually it is almost like ammonia. If I sleep through it, I wake up sneezing my head off. I have found that a nasal rinse will "fix" that most of the time. Else i will sneeze all day.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Humidifier Chamber Leaks - Resmed 10 Old Mike 20 755 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 445 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
  AirSense 10 heating & humidifier issue Wingnut Warrior 2 351 02-08-2024, 11:13 PM
Last Post: Wingnut Warrior
  Extra Humidifier Water in Arid Climates DFWdude 19 2,159 12-13-2023, 08:23 AM
Last Post: car54
  AirMini with Dreamstation Go humidifier chwang733 0 319 12-12-2023, 03:53 PM
Last Post: chwang733
  Humidifier wattage - Anyone know Pse? Kingsway 10 785 11-22-2023, 03:31 PM
Last Post: Kingsway
  Document request: ResMed humidifier settings rpierce 2 513 10-21-2023, 01:28 PM
Last Post: rpierce

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.