Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

S9 info screen question
S9 info screen question
I am fairly new to this and I have a question regarding the "info screen" on my S9 Autoset. It does not say info next to the info button (or setup next to the setup button). The only way to access the information is to hold down both the info and setup buttons for 3 seconds.

According to the clinical setup manual I downloaded, I believe I should be able to just press the info button and be able to see the basic info. Is this correct?

Is there a way to make that button active? Or do I have a different version of the S9 autoset?

Thanks in advance.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: S9 info screen question
Check in the clinical menu, "Sleep Quality" set to "ON"

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-19-2014, 09:30 PM)zonk Wrote: Check in the clinical menu, "Sleep Quality" set to "ON"

Thanks for the reply. It was set to "usage". I switched to "ON" but no difference.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-19-2014, 09:42 PM)troykajoe Wrote:
(09-19-2014, 09:30 PM)zonk Wrote: Check in the clinical menu, "Sleep Quality" set to "ON"

Thanks for the reply. It was set to "usage". I switched to "ON" but no difference.
Report back tomorrow morning, you should see "usage, AHI, and mask fit guy happy/sad", at noon reset to zero
Post Reply Post Reply
Found it!!!!! Under "clinical setup/options/access" I could choose full or limited. For some unknown reason my DME set it to "limited" to lock me out of the info screen. The word "info" did not even show up on the screen..... now it does. In addition, I set sleep quality to "on" and all is well!!

I even set the clock correctly (which the DME did not do) and the machine is looking good. It only took 30 days of using it as I received it from the DME before I decided I might be able to do a better job of set-up. How sad.

Thanks for the help. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-19-2014, 10:45 PM)troykajoe Wrote: Found it!!!!! Under "clinical setup/options/access" I could choose full or limited.
On my S9 AutoSet, "Sleep Quality" is either "usage or on" but its an older version, got it 4 years ago
It looks like ResMed has added options/access in the recent S9 which was not available on older S9 machines
[Image: s9-pic2.jpg]

The AirSense 10 has "Essential and Essential Plus", ResMed describe "Essential Plus" is for "highly engaged patient", we,re highly engaged bunch around here Coffee

Post Reply Post Reply
I understand why they might want to lock out patients from the settings, but it's strange that they bother to hide important therapy data. When I asked, My DME told me the machine could not show more data then the usage hours. Now I wonder whether he is incompetent or outright lying.

The problem is, at least in Germany, that I cannot choose the DME. The contracts go between DME and insurance, and insurance only worries about costs.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-19-2014, 09:42 PM)troykajoe Wrote:

Useful information. Thanks!

The useless DME set mine on "usage". I'd been popping the SD card out every day to get the data. In my 11 days of this, my nightly AHI is always < 1 so I really don't need to pop the SD card and run the bootleg ResScan software unless I get an abnormal result on the unit's LCD display.
Post Reply Post Reply
It appears that the machines come from the factory with most things set to the dumb/evil option by default.

Sleep quality usage, Ramp=45/4, EPR off, etc.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 4 138 03-18-2024, 08:05 AM
Last Post: chronic
  Resvent iBreeze APAP and BiPAP info TechieHippie 2 262 02-04-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Do Doctors Even Have Access to Flow Limits Info? paulag1955 16 698 01-17-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: dataq1
  DreamStation Go Recall [consolidated replacement & compensation info & questions] PHXSleeper 127 19,670 12-17-2023, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Tampa Jim
Question Please Review My Data (Oximeter Info Included) — Still Tired Despite "Good" Treatment avhenry 16 1,986 12-04-2023, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  DreamStation 2 ramps down as soon as touch screen is touched bcodemz 3 472 10-23-2023, 04:15 PM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Airsense 11 how do you turn off this bloody touch screen tierdal 12 3,301 07-22-2023, 04:41 PM
Last Post: silverdr

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.