Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

S9 machine being repaired
S9 machine being repaired
That small, thin pin on the S9's power cord connector that attaches to the back of he machine broke. My DME told me it's a common problem. Of course, without all three pins connecting to the socket, the S9 is no-go. Beside the broken pin, I had been noticing some weird pressures coming from the unit. So, the DME sent it off to ResMed's San Diego facility. When word came back that needed repairs would total $272, my insurance co. said it would be an 80/20 coverage. So, it's being done. The invoice from San Diego lists replacement of both the main PCB plus motor & chassis assembly as well as a new power cord. That sounds like it's going to be essentially a new machine, doesn't it? Only the plastic outer housing will remain original.

P.S. It seems to me like a design mistake to have the machine's power connector where it is, since it's easy for lots of pressure to be put on the power cable at the connector. I've started to put the machine up from the floor to relieve pressure on that power cable and connector on the loaner I'm currently using.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: S9 machine being repaired
Yeah - I don't think the floor is a great place for a machine.

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Dawei,
Good to hear from you again.
Hopefully, you will get your machine back soon.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I found that placing my machine on the floor, under the bed, is an excellent place for my machine. There is not any pressure on the cord or the hose.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply
The problem that I encountered with the machine on the floor near (never under) the bed was stress on the end of the power cord at its connector because the cord must come up from the floor to the connector where it makes a 90 degree turn. I believe that is what led, over time, to the broken connector pin.
The other, potential problem is the sharp upward turn the slimline hose must make at the machine connector end if the machine is on the floor. Specifically, that sharp upward turn puts stress on the thin, clear tube webbing material. So far, I have not had a hole develop there, but I know it's possible. So, I place the machine a little distance away from the bed to hopefully reduce that possibility.

P.S. Greetings to you, Trish. Thanks for the note.

David
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,155 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Where to get machine repaired? Midge 82 1 461 04-04-2023, 08:35 AM
Last Post: sauerkraut
  machine died! Now new doctor and new machine Bjazzman 17 6,791 09-05-2022, 09:07 PM
Last Post: NValtman11
  [CPAP] Using SoClean Machine with CPAP Machine ronald1810 4 1,320 06-01-2022, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
Gross Odd odor from repaired CPAP (motor blower Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset) Suggestions? UncollapseMeThroat 8 1,742 09-03-2021, 03:26 PM
Last Post: mrmagloo
  Pin from power plug stuck in machine ResMed cpap machine B10576 12 6,754 04-08-2018, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Hellodare
  How I Repaired Broken Nasal Strap... player 6 2,086 07-27-2016, 01:48 AM
Last Post: player

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.