Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

S9 methodology
S9 methodology
This morning I got up and it showed usage for last nite as 5.5 hrs. The only problem is I slept for about 8 hrs. No I didn't take the mask off in the middle of the nite or I would have been told by my wife. When I downloaded the date to ResScan, the usage for that day was split into two portions. One of approx 2 hrs from 10:00 to 12:00 and the other of 8 hrs from 12:00 to 18:00. The previous time I downloaded data (about 6 days ago) I reset the time and I may have done it based on 12 to 12 clock not the 24hr clock. Which meshes with the newer data time from the machine and has happened every day since I made the change. But I'm getting lower usage hrs too. In fact one day it showed me with only 3.5hrs of usage and not in compliance. This has been going on since I reset the time. So I guess my question is how exactly is the compliance time being calculated?

Also when I replaced the SD card it appeared the the wireless monitoring device was transmitting. Will that happen everytime I put the card back in?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: S9 methodology
Masked,

The S9 looks at the "day" as noon to noon. If you've got the clock off by twelve hours, it is looking as the time from when you went to bed, then "restarting" the "day" at midnight, assuming it is seeing that as noon. Now, you will get credit for the time from the next night, the machine sees it as the same day, so the total may work itself out, but we're talking compliance here, not just treatment.

Your profile shows you're using Sleepyhead. I use the ResScan softare which will show you "mask events" with start/stop time. If Sleepyhead has a similar function, you may be able to verify this is what is happening.

By the way, the general feedback I've seen on this board is to contact your compliance authority with any issues as soon as possible. We've actually had forum members lose their machines to what they claim is inaccurate data. Let them know and get their response in writing. It may be much easier than trying to convince them while they are taking the machine from you.

Sorry, don't know anything about the wireless transmitter.

Sleep Well!
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't know about the transmitter either. But what jd said about the clock is correct. It is confusing as heck. I would bet it makes those who sleep during the day have wonky reports.

As for compliance, don't they look at total hours and averages rather than each night?
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
jd I actually have both SH and ResScan. I compared the two and SH seems to deal with the clock problem and I guess is looking at continuous usage.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-24-2012, 02:07 PM)jdireton Wrote: Your profile shows you're using Sleepyhead. I use the ResScan softare which will show you "mask events" with start/stop time. If Sleepyhead has a similar function, you may be able to verify this is what is happening.

SleepyHead shows the starting and stopping time of each "session". It can be used to see just how often and for how long you get up to pee.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MyAir methodology for collection of use data Ard Diem 4 577 07-01-2021, 09:43 PM
Last Post: srlevine1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.