Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

S9 presssure problems
S9 presssure problems
I had been using Remstarauto set to cpcp mode at 16 cm with no ramp. That pressure didn't bother me at all. But I just picked up a used S9autoset and either I am doing something wrong of it's defective. I tried it in auto mode, no ramp and eer turned off and set the pressure at 12 to 16 and was using the slimline hose with a fullface mask. When I turned it on it had odd pulses of pressure either almost no air flow at all or short burst that felt way above 16 cm. I reset the pressure in cpap mode to 6 cm and it still pulses, pulses that feel stronger than 16 cm. I kept the mask on for 10 minuets and shure didn't go to sleep but the unit registered an AHI of 18 ! I am hoping I am missing something simple. And if it is defective would the original purchaser have to return it .
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: S9 presssure problems
(01-12-2017, 05:52 PM)E.W. Wrote: And if it is defective would the original purchaser have to return it .

How did you obtain it?
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
The S9 is out of warranty, even to the original purchaser. My suggestion would be to do an inexpensive pressure test with a CPAP manometer. You can get one under $20 (search: Fisher and Paykel HC224 Water Column CPAP Manometer ). If the manometer confirms pressure is incorrect or is pulsing, then Supplier #27 may be able to give you an estimate for repair. An even cheaper DIY manometer an be built at home with very little investment: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ew-dollars

Sometimes a Cragislist unit is just defective, and that is the risk you take. I hope it works out for you. The manometer can confirm if pressure is correct.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I should have specified it's when I breathe that it acts like it sends out a pulse of very high pressure .
I have a home made manometer but that will just measure the static pressure not the pressure when
I have the mask on and start to breathe. Any way I may get the seller to take it back .
Post Reply Post Reply
Any transaction is an agreement between 2 parties. I doubt there is a warranty attached to this one, but you're welcome to ask. If you want my ethical opinion...meh. What is the nature of the transaction?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just talked to Southwest the repair facility recomended here . There teck
thinks it's a problem in the settings but these settings have to be set
with special software on a computer. Oh well even if I got took with
this purchase it evens out like the nearly new Respridonix Everflow O2 concentrator I bought for $25 because it needed that flow valve a $40 part replaced.
Post Reply Post Reply
How many hours on the machine? You can read that in the settings menu.
Post Reply Post Reply
~ 4000
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] PRISMA SMART MAX PROBLEMS WITH SOFTPAP LEVEL 2 rretamalt 17 1,889 2 hours ago
Last Post: clan
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 144 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
  Anything can be done for baby with breathing problems Ptee8899 3 213 02-11-2024, 11:30 PM
Last Post: eok361
  Positional Apnea Problems ggibson 13 1,820 11-20-2023, 07:28 AM
Last Post: Jarlo
  CPAP since March 22, still dealing with aerophagia, wakings, and heart rate problems manacles 16 2,528 10-01-2023, 11:16 PM
Last Post: manacles
  CPAP Problems for People with Large Lung Capacity? AquaMan 7 979 09-17-2023, 03:32 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last
Question Top of the head tubing connection problems GaspForAir 2 453 09-05-2023, 06:09 PM
Last Post: Nightynite

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.