Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

S9 questions
RE: S9 questions
(12-29-2013, 12:58 AM)bigfish Wrote: I prefer to have CPAP vs APAP delivery to my mask.
Whats the model of your machine, model name printed next to on/off button

Post Reply Post Reply
Newbie here but I've been using the S9 for about a year...My current mask whistles but previous masks did not. I noticed it as soon as I switched masks. Not a big bother but definitely noticeable.

teebee
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-31-2013, 07:44 PM)teebee Wrote: ...My current mask whistles but previous masks did not.
Hi teebee, welcome aboard
Depend on the mask, the vents on my mask are located on the elbow allows air disperse quietly
[Image: 01-l.jpg]

Post Reply Post Reply
It can really be weird about how a mask makes noise. My previous mask was a Swift LT for Her. The Medium pillows were the right size but they whistled as I breathed. I hated it. I couldn't sleep listening to that. So I went to the small which didn't make that noise.

I tried several times to figure out what it was about that set that was making the noise and I just couldn't find the source. There were no leaks, it was just noisy.

So the first thing to check is to double and triple make sure that you have the mask assembled correctly. Then put it on and turn on the machine. When you hear the noise, run your finger lightly over the edges to see if the sound changes at any point, like it is from a leak or a bend in the mask's shape. Check any connections to the mask such as the hose connections. I once had a swivel joint that whistled. I changed it out for an older one to solve that problem.

If you can't find the noise and if it is so bad you can't sleep, take it back to the supplier and request another.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi teebee,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 160 03-27-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 272 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper
  New - so many questions Matsu1 4 267 02-25-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  A few questions!! Iceracer 2 308 01-19-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Iceracer
  Need Help. Many Questions wkennedy 6 466 12-31-2023, 10:50 AM
Last Post: wkennedy
  My treatment fun. Questions. robbob2112 15 1,600 10-26-2023, 10:19 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Newbie questions - What am I seeing? lmftit 0 358 09-04-2023, 04:44 PM
Last Post: lmftit

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.