Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

S9 reporting software question
S9 reporting software question
Can someone tell me how to set up my s9 for a detailed report? I understand there are different reporting modes, and I want to show as much info as possible on my report for my next doctors visit... Thanks in advance!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: S9 reporting software question
Follow the instructions, post #2 and post #1 for 'ResScan Report Interpretation Guide'

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...398#pid398

[Image: attachment.php?aid=60]

Edit: The above for how to get detailed data from ResScan
You can create report showing just summary or all available data including detailed data
Most doctors I've seen only look at basic data, hours using the machine, AHI, leak. Have you downloaded any of the software
ResScan and SleepyHead are available, ResScan windows only, SleepyHead windows and Mac

Post Reply Post Reply
Zonk, Does the S9 have all the info saved internally on the SD card, then you generate a report on a PC using the Res Scan software? So if I take just my card to the DME store they should be able to download it right? I usually have them generate the report for my sleep doctor... I was curious if I had to select which info was being saved internally by my machine, ie. basic or detailed etc... ??? Hope I'm being clear here? Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-21-2014, 08:48 PM)Shamus54 Wrote: I was curious if I had to select which info was being saved internally by my machine, ie. basic or detailed etc... ???

ResScan selections do not affect what data is stored on the card or what data is internally stored on the machine.

Some data (like High Rate Data for graphs of "Flow", which is the rate of air being inhaled or exhaled, each breath) are stored for only most recent week, then overwritten by newer data. This data is not stored in the machine; stored only on SD card.

Some data (like Detailed Data for graphs of unintentional Leak, each breath) are stored for only most recent month, then overwritten by newer data. This data is not stored in the machine; stored only on SD card.

Some data (Settings and Statistical Data summaries, for each night) are stored for only most recent year, then overwritten by newer data. This data (Settings and Statistical Data) is also stored in the machine, and will be written onto a new or reformatted SD card. So if your SD card is lost or damaged, your Compliance Data (hours used each night) and other statistical summaries for each night would be automatically written onto a new or reformatted SD card (whenever machine is started with an SD card which is missing this data).

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-21-2014, 08:48 PM)Shamus54 Wrote: Zonk, Does the S9 have all the info saved internally on the SD card, then you generate a report on a PC using the Res Scan software? So if I take just my card to the DME store they should be able to download it right? I usually have them generate the report for my sleep doctor... I was curious if I had to select which info was being saved internally by my machine, ie. basic or detailed etc... ??? Hope I'm being clear here? Thanks!

Yes, the S9 AutoSet stores compliance and therapy data for up to 365 days
Detailed data not stored internally but written directly on the SD card providing the SD card kept inside the machine while using it, otherwise if the SD card was removed, detailed data is lost and not retrievable

The S9 AutoSet SD card stores:
365 days of therapy and compliance data (summary and statistics)
30 days of detailed data (graphs)
7 days of high resolution flow data

Read all about it here http://www.s9morecomfort.com/s9morecomfo...ement.html

Ensure "Sleep Quality" is "ON" in the clinical menu so you can see the efficacy data on the screen sleep report

S9 setup video and instructions with pictures
http://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-s9-cpap-setup

The clinical manual available via email, scroll down to "how to ask for a manual via email"
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the replies, I'll be checking the numbers on my machine on Tuesday!
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, I had my card read today at the DME provider... They use Res Med "air view" software, but it would not allow them to show a detailed report? The only report I could get was the compliance report...

Does anybody here have experience with Res Med's air view software, or by chance know if Res Scan software would work for my S9? I'm a little confused here???

(Note: My DME provider did have Res Scan software reports from my old S8, and Encore reports from my old Respironics machines)
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-25-2014, 06:17 PM)Shamus54 Wrote: Ok, I had my card read today at the DME provider... They use Res Med "air view" software, but it would not allow them to show a detailed report? The only report I could get was the compliance report...

Does anybody here have experience with Res Med's air view software, or by chance know if Res Scan software would work for my S9? I'm a little confused here???

(Note: My DME provider did have Res Scan software reports from my old S8, and Encore reports from my old Respironics machines)

Detailed data is written directly on the SD card and only viewable via the SD card
My Air is not for us ... the patients who like to be in charge of our therapy and need to know whats going on

Its designed for insurance compliance reporting and lazy doctors who do not give a hoot whether their patients treatment is success or not

SleepyHead and ResScan support S9
ResScan windows only, SleepyHead windows and Mac

Edit: Unlike the S8, you only insert the card in the machine when you want to copy the data to the data card ... the S9 SD card need to be inserted in the machine while using it otherwise if inserted afterwards, you don't get detailed data
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-25-2014, 06:17 PM)Shamus54 Wrote: Ok, I had my card read today at the DME provider... They use Res Med "air view" software, but it would not allow them to show a detailed report? The only report I could get was the compliance report...

Does anybody here have experience with Res Med's air view software, or by chance know if Res Scan software would work for my S9?

ResScan, used by sleep doctors and respiratory technicians to read data (or optionally reprogram the settings) using the SD card (or, for S7 and S8 machines, using an early proprietary "smart card") is the most comprehensive ResMed software for monitoring and controlling ResMed CPAP machines. ResScan supports A10, S9, S8, S7 machines and shows full detailed data, unlike AirView.

AirView, which reads data from "cloud" server computers which are receiving data from the wireless modems connected to some ResMed machines, is newer and (for professionals) supports remote wireless monitoring and control of settings for A10 and S9 machines, but I think for troubleshooting and fine tuning of the settings it is elementary-level, with some statistical data but without the ability to show the detailed (breath by breath) data which is sometimes needed for troubleshooting and fine tuning the therapy.

http://www.resmed.com/us/dam/documents/p...er_eng.pdf

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
As Zonk advised, your DME and sleep lab are primarily concerned with compliance. The detailed data is mostly valuable for your monitoring of the effectiveness of your therapy. I find I can get everything I need from Sleepyhead.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor sausagesrolex 1 243 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  [Equipment] Simultaneous Reporting of Cheyne-Stokes Respiration (CSR) and Central Apnea (CA) Aldiorg 3 291 02-19-2024, 03:57 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  ReMed Airsense software/firmware Ralph436 22 1,122 01-23-2024, 11:55 AM
Last Post: george1945
  Contec CMS50E Pulse Oximeter Software John7 0 381 11-12-2023, 09:18 AM
Last Post: John7
  [Equipment] Which 24 Hr Oximeter to buy & PC/Tablet compatible software EasySleep 0 340 11-08-2023, 08:26 AM
Last Post: EasySleep
  AirSense 11 not reporting data correctly to SD card WHB74 4 502 10-17-2023, 03:32 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Lowenstein Software shawsg 2 585 09-27-2023, 12:10 PM
Last Post: shawsg

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.