Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

S9 serious rainout using Auto Climate System
RE: S9 serious rainout using Auto Climate System
JacoSZ Wrote:I would venture towards something being wrong/malfunctioning somewhere.

Although I live in a dry climate at high altitude, during winter times my room temperature can drop to 12degrees Celsius (55F) and during summer times drop to 23 degrees Celsius (74F). My climate control is set to 26 degrees (79F) in colder months and 30 degrees (86F) in the summer. Reason for the temperature changes are that I experience a bit of a drier nose in winter with the higher setting on climate control.

I used a S8 before and experienced rainout, and had to drain the water back into the tank by lifting the hoses up. Because of the S9 design, it is not possible to have the water run back into the reservoir. But rainout was totally eliminated with the climate line, not a drop of rainout.

The climate line tubing can feel luke warm in to the touch in colder days with a room temperature below 20 degrees (68F) and colder.

I a highly impressed with the total lack of rainout, but did read that it is not always the case for all people; I suspect temperature and humidity differences to be the driver behind it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-23-2012, 04:40 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: Just another thought... make sure your CPAP machine is lower than the surface of your bed, so that any water condensation in the hose has a better chance of draining back into the water reservoir.

My hose routes upward towards the top of my headboard before heading down towards my mask.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
In light of the posts to the effect that the hose is not heated, I quote from the ResMed site:

Using advanced precision moulding techniques, a heating circuit is embedded in the spiral of the ClimateLine tube. This is automatically controlled by the Climate Control algorithm to deliver a constant comfortable temperature at the mask.

I have no personal knowledge of the issue, nor technical expertise, but it seems that if ResMed is to avoid false advertising, there must be some form of hose heating involved. Or, perhaps, it is all just semantics involved and the hose has no heating, and ..... Who knows?
Breathing keeps you alive. And PAP helps keep you breathing!
Post Reply Post Reply
When I get a new hose, I'll cut this one open. Actually, I may have one....
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-24-2012, 05:39 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: When I get a new hose, I'll cut this one open. Actually, I may have one....

An IR Thermometer should show you the hoze is heated as well. I do not know if you flex the hoze enough in the wrong way if the wires will be severed for both the heating element and the end of hoze sensor. I do not have a spare hoze yet to preform surgery on..

When I first got my S9 AutoSet with H5i and ClimatelLine, it was set to separate controls for humidity and I had terrible rain-out gurgling. Enough of that so once I put the machine in Auto mode, I just adjust the temp for what is comfortable for me (79F) and the S9 adjusts the to maintain the outgoing humidity at ~ 80% for whatever temp I select - effectively preventing condensation in the lines.

I sure if there is a drastic 20 or 30 degree change in temps based on the room, the unit may not be able to compsesate but their web site says the S9 also monitors the incoming air temps and adjusts accordingly as well - again to deliver that temp you dial in at optimal 80% humidity.

Cheers.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,621 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  Question on the Hybernite Rainout control tube runcyclexcski 2 109 03-21-2024, 05:29 AM
Last Post: runcyclexcski
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,294 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 382 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  High Pressures - Inflammation of the CV system? MrIvanDrago 5 300 03-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [Admin Note] Policy clarification [off-site advice & advice given via Private Message system] SuperSleeper 2 2,792 02-06-2024, 09:00 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 230 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.