Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

S9 setting
S9 setting
The other day I downloaded date to both ResScan and SH. Much to my chargrin there was no detailed data. I did check the "all summary data and ..." selection in resscan. When I went back and was looking at the settings for sleep quality on the machine, I noticed the Sleep Quality setting was now set to Usage. It was set to "on" before the dme tried to check my compliance. Am I correct that the Sleep Quality should be set to "on" for detailed data tracking by the machine? I'm hooked up to the monitoring company by wireless. Can they and why would they change the setting. I mean they can just download compliance usage anyway. Or is this some function of removing the memory card and re-installing it?

I've got to say the ResScan clinical guide is only marginal at best. There's very little discussion of what the various settings mean. I'm pretty well educated but they often leave me scratching my head. I can't image how the typical DME can understand how to setup a machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: S9 setting
Masked Man:Wrote
I noticed the Sleep Quality setting was now set to Usage. It was set to "on" before the dme tried to check my compliance.

Masked Man
I have the S9 and it is set to Usage and ResScan reads everything,I have had some trouble with SH with detail report but not RasScan
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks lonnie. I guess that raises the question -- What does the "sleep quality" setting acually mean to ResMed???
Post Reply Post Reply
I can't find much on the Sleep Quality setting but when I had trouble with the report in SH I did get it to show but cant remember how, after that i just use ResScan and i have not had any trouble.but I dont think the Sleep Quality setting has any thing to do with geting your report but I dont know a lot about it.good luck with it
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Did they reinsert the same card or a different card? Did they see your machine or just the card?

If you've never used the data software before, it is possible that the settings for the machine are on the card itself. So when they took it out and put it back in, it reset the machine to its 'default' which is whatever they set it to.

But if 'sleep quality' is what tells it to collect data, I don't see why that would be a default.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-01-2012, 09:57 AM)Masked Man Wrote: Am I correct that the Sleep Quality should be set to "on" for detailed data tracking by the machine?
Yes. You need to have "Sleep Quality" set to ON
If set to Usage ...Only how many hours that you've used the machine each night displayed (for insurance purposes) No efficacy data

Post Reply Post Reply
If you you need to have "Sleep Quality" set to ON then can someone tell me why I can see the info in the window of my machine? I can also load it into ResScan ,It set to Usage and I just now changed it to ON just to see what happens. I have in the window AHI,Pressure,Hours,Leaks, ECT I did notice that when I change it to 6 Month or 3 Months I only get 41 days but 1 day, 1 week ,1 Month show all.

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-01-2012, 01:19 PM)zonk Wrote:
(09-01-2012, 09:57 AM)Masked Man Wrote: Am I correct that the Sleep Quality should be set to "on" for detailed data tracking by the machine?
Yes. You need to have "Sleep Quality" set to ON
If set to Usage ...Only how many hours that you've used the machine each night displayed (for insurance purposes) No efficacy data
S9 clinical manual (page 9). The manual is available via Email from Apnea Board
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

Sleep quality
Designed to promote compliance, the Sleep Quality indicator allows the patient to actively engage in
their own therapy by identifying leak, usage and AHI information. This information can be set to:
•• Usage—where only usage hours are displayed
•• On—where usage, leak and AHI information are displayed.

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-01-2012, 02:08 PM)lonnieb Wrote: If you you need to have "Sleep Quality" set to ON then can someone tell me why I can see the info in the window of my machine?
No idea. I don,t use a wireless modem or DME locking the SD card or checking my compliance

Post Reply Post Reply
This may be a user problem with the ResScan software. I initially downloaded the data from my SD card via the download command from ResScan, and when I asked for a detailed report, all I got was the summary data. I discovered that the default setting for the download function is set to summary. You have to specifically select that you want complete detailed data by clicking on the drop down box in the download dialog, and selecting "detailed". I did this, and the download started again, only this time all of the data was there to see. You can select to have these settings be used in the future.

I'm not sure if this is your problem or not, but it may be worth a look.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,004 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  AirSense 10 Max Pressure setting Tomt 13 810 03-04-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Tomt
  Air Sense 11 - Pressure Setting goblue2024 3 404 01-10-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: dataq1
  [CPAP] Need help with setting minimum pressure for my Father. Jamie Connor 2 371 01-07-2024, 12:18 AM
Last Post: Jamie Connor
  AirSense 10 and Humidity Setting Columbiabill 16 2,901 12-12-2023, 08:06 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Mask Type Setting Mpadgett714 1 506 12-11-2023, 01:10 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
  Question about Bilevel setting yankees123 8 499 12-10-2023, 10:52 PM
Last Post: yankees123

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.