Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

S9 setup
S9 setup
Hi,
I've just been given a Resmed s9 for a week after I did a sleep survey. I got 52 aps per hour. I noticed the machine is set up for nasal mask but I have been given a full face mask. Will this make any difference?
Ta
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: S9 setup
Since this is only a temp machine that you will be using for 1 week, it is my opinion that it really won't matter. When you get your permanent machine next week you can select the right mask. If it concerns you, you can get the clinician's manual and set the proper mask. The link is at the top ^

[Image: apneaboard.menual.PNG]
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome

It really should be set for the type mask being used. The machine uses this information to estimate vent rate; and it may figure into the apnea scoring algorithm which uses a sonar like technique to look at reflected wave to determine if an apnea is obstructive or open airway.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Johnnysinc,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
It probably would be a good idea to set your machine to the right mask setting.
Hang in there for more answers to your question and much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-03-2015, 01:50 PM)Johnnysinc Wrote: Will this make any difference?
Ta
Depend on the model, whether AutoSet, Elite, Escape Auto or Escape
All looks the same, but the Escapes are different as night and day in comparison to the other two
[Image: s9-autoset-models.jpg]

Elite is data capable fixed pressure machine, Autoset is data capable too but does both ways, fixed and variable (2 machines in 1)
Escape is a lemon, Escape Auto is APAP but still a lemon

ResMed newer machine "AirSense 10"
[Image: ResMed-AirSense-10.png]
[should say "AutoSet, AutoSet for Her, Elite or CPAP"]

Post Reply Post Reply
Mask setting should be set to patient.

Tap the settings button (it looks like it has two check marks on it).
Turn the big knob to select mask type.
Tap the silver part of the big knob. The mask type line should now be blue (or is it orange it changes to?)
Turn knob to select the right type of mask.
Tap knob to confirm selection. It will change color again.
Done
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the replies. I asked about it at the clinic and it's pretty much as justMongo says. I have now been given an s9 elite with humidifier that's been set to 17. Now to deal with the farting mask and strap marks.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-13-2015, 04:16 AM)Johnnysinc Wrote: I have now been given an s9 elite with humidifier that's been set to 17. Now to deal with the farting mask and strap marks.
You've my sympathy, not easy but can be done
You'll need SleepyHead to have an idea of what is going on and to point to any concern might have with your doctor at the next follow-up
Good luck

Post Reply Post Reply
Which Quattro mask do you have?

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
It's a quattro full facemask. When it ramps up to 17 it wants to lift off my face. Strapping it tighter helps with the leaks but leaves my face a mess. I had to take it off halfway through the night last night as my face was too sore. It seems like the seem material is too pliable and struggles at the higher pressure. Any recommendations?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tech Nerds-think this battery setup will work for Transcend Micro? johnbrain 7 83 25 minutes ago
Last Post: johnbrain
Cool Smallest travel CPAP setup w/ Transcend Micro kotaKat 4 1,675 03-25-2024, 04:52 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
Thumbsup NEW MEMBER INFO: GET YOUR OWN [secret] CPAP SETUP MANUAL SuperSleeper 1 1,938 02-17-2024, 01:47 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Interference from battery charger in DC battery backup setup? Daxvex 3 249 01-22-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: Daxvex
  My battery backup setup GeoffD 323 88,196 10-16-2023, 07:07 PM
Last Post: Hintertux
  New DreamStation 2 setup KSMatthew 7 791 08-24-2023, 04:59 PM
Last Post: KSMatthew
  Beefy CPAP battery setup that can be taken on a plane mitzvahtime 2 1,367 08-02-2023, 03:04 PM
Last Post: mitzvahtime

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.