Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SA Therapy and Medicare
SA Therapy and Medicare
Now that I've turned 65, it looks as if I need to do a bunch of stuff to keep getting treatment. I notified my DME supplier and gave them a head's up. 

Now, I'm told that I need to have a face to face with my sleep doctor and have him re-authorize my treatment? I hope it's just a matter of some paperwork, cause there ain't no way that I'm going to submit to another in-lab sleep study. 

Can anyone enlighten me on this change? I know that Medicare will now become my primary insurance and my BC/BS will become my secondary insurance. 

Any and all help will be most appreciated.  Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: SA Therapy and Medicare
As a "heads-up", when you turn 65 it's like the warranty just ran out. Every not-so-smart (aka: stupid) thing you ever did will come back to haunt you. . . Welcome to Medicare!
Big Grin
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Beginner's Guide to Sleepyhead and OSCAR
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to Medicare. One thing I did find out, if the machine was purchased under Medicare, the DME must service it as if there was a 5 year warranty. That is how my wife got a new Dreamstation at no cost 1 month outside of the manufacturer's warranty.
Homer

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Monitors are also Advisory Members, just with Extra Work assigned.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had to do a new diagnostic study, so my sleep doc scheduled a split study to validate a BiLevel. I was having a lot of High AHI nights with my pressures on an APAP consistently 17 plus. I was 2 minutes from completing my 2h hr sleep required to complete the diagnostic study. Results a much-improved 77AHI. (the original was in the mid-90s.

So I did another a week later to prove a BiLevel. They did a 15+ CPAP titration then shifted to a square wave biLevel. I told my doc that I don't have issues with pressure and I would adapt. That's how I got my VAuto under Medicare.
Fred Bonjour - Project Manager and Lead Tester for OSCAR - Open Source CPAP Analysis Reporter

Download OSCAR
New to Apnea? Helpful tips to ensure success
Soft Cervical Collar
Mask Primer
Dealing with a DME
Organize Charts
Optimizing Therapy
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Looks as if I won't have an appt. with my sleep doctor until late part of Nov. My machine wasn't purchased under Medicare. 

So, I guess I'm in a hold pattern until then. Not sure what to expect, but I suppose I'll find out soon enough.  Eat-popcorn
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I sure wish that SA Therapy....... Big Guy 11 671 10-27-2019, 07:55 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
  Medicare’s new mobile app Crimson Nape 1 745 02-05-2019, 10:51 AM
Last Post: GrammaBear
  If you are having anxiety & stress when starting CPAP therapy Fats Drywaller 10 1,808 05-22-2018, 02:52 PM
Last Post: Sleep2Snore
  Medicare Advantage Provider Adding Elevated Diagnosis Codes When Billing Medicare Crimson Nape 12 1,951 10-17-2017, 10:08 AM
Last Post: AlanE
  US Medicare numbers to change from the SSN. justMongo 9 1,402 04-03-2017, 02:52 PM
Last Post: AlanE
  Medicare Part D quantity limits justMongo 1 1,023 03-19-2017, 08:32 PM
Last Post: Mosquitobait
Information [News] Medicare unveils far-reaching overhaul of doctors' pay ApneaNews 0 1,017 10-14-2016, 05:27 PM
Last Post: ApneaNews

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.