Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SCOTUS Justice death and CPAP compliance
This should get everyone's attention, written by an anesthesiologist. It's a longer article but here is the conclusion:

"Questions will continue to swirl around the circumstances of Justice Antonin Scalia’s death. Was there a pillow over his head, as was first described by John Poindexter, the owner of the ranch who first discovered Scalia’s body? Were sedating medications or alcohol present in his bloodstream? Why did Presidio County Judge Cinderela Guevara pronounce Scalia dead of natural causes without even seeing the body? Why was no autopsy ordered? Was the Justice murdered, as if this was the plot of some John Grisham legal thriller?

We may never know the answers to these questions, but query most any anesthesiologist about the likelihood that OSA was involved in the death of Justice Antonin Scalia, and the answer you will get is . . .

“Yes, with a high degree of medical probability, obstructive sleep apnea is what killed Justice Antonin Scalia.”

http://theanesthesiaconsultant.com/2016/...eep-apnea/
Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
According to the rag mag I saw on the checkout line at the grocery store, he was murdered. Didn't take them long... I wasn't interested in reading the story.

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. Access through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Post Reply Post Reply
Jimmy Hoffa did it. Too-funny
Post Reply Post Reply

Gotta wonder about that Anesthesiologist quote. Would seem a real practicing med professional would take a bit more care. Like saying it was the gun that killed someone. Well no, it's who pulls the trigger. If he had an issue that he didn't address, his system had likely been damaged by years of neglect. Since we know he had good medical care, neglect is what would have killed him.

But this is all conjecture. I read a report that this ranch goes way over the average in keeping what it's big wigs do a secret, including limiting access to local Law enforcement. Someone questioned whether the ranch was an old "chicken ranch". Because there's a real likelihood of the ranch taking care of the scene before authorities showed up, we'll never know what really happened.

Post Reply Post Reply

I am certain that a supreme court justice does not pack his own luggage or carry his own CPAP around in one.

Any medical device would have been set up for him by the staff if his Dr. listed it as a medical need.

whether he was prone to use it or wrinkle his sheets is another matter.

Since he never quit smoking or tried to lose weight and mocked people who would not eat red meat, trans fats or smoke a good cigar. He may have simply chuckled at he device being provided for him next to his bed.

None of this changes the fact that he was a great and man an lived beyond the life expectancy of
US Men 76.2 years

(I hope no one takes offense to me but).... honestly, I never heard of the guy until the report of his death, alot of folks agree that he was a great man, and if a CPAP was right there, would NOT using it be a form of suicide?

I enjoy being with a group who like to share their "Hosehead" experiences, to remind me I am not alone.
Post Reply Post Reply

Jimmy Hoffa did it. Too-funny

GoodOne
I enjoy being with a group who like to share their "Hosehead" experiences, to remind me I am not alone.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Justice Scalia Had Sleep Apnea surferdude2 11 1,406 04-04-2016, 04:45 PM
Last Post: FrankNichols
  How Wall Street measures death Paptillian 2 1,145 07-25-2013, 03:25 AM
Last Post: archangle