Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SD CARD REPORTING
Gross 
SD CARD REPORTING
Just wondering if anyone can tell me how to get my reports without it compromising the SD card? I haven't done a report now in over a year because each time I put the card into windows 8.1 then put it back into the machine, I have to reformat the card. I found an article once by someone providing a fix for this but it didn't work for me. (resmed s9 btw)

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SD CARD REPORTING
Before you put it in the card reader on the computer, flip the lock tab towards the back of the card to lock it. Nothing can be written with it in that position. Download your data into both ResScan and Sleepyhead, then remove the card from the PC, slide the tab back to the front of the card to unlock it and put it back into the machine. Go back and do what you want to do with the software.

OMM
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-18-2015, 08:39 PM)OMyMyOHellYes Wrote: Before you put it in the card reader on the computer, flip the lock tab towards the back of the card to lock it. Nothing can be written with it in that position. Download your data into both ResScan and Sleepyhead, then remove the card from the PC, slide the tab back to the front of the card to unlock it and put it back into the machine. Go back and do what you want to do with the software.

OMM

Thank you but this is what I used to do and it didn't work for me. I'm not a novice with computers and I know what I'm doing so I know that I did everything to the letter. Oh well....guess I'm just the odd bod 1 in a million who it doesn't work for Dont-know
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry that wasn't more help.
Post Reply Post Reply
Maybe downgrade to Windows 7? I don't understand what could happen if you write protect the disk, but like you said it's been over a year. What's worse? Never looking at the data, or having to reformat? Make a backup and take a peek.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-18-2015, 09:24 PM)OMyMyOHellYes Wrote: Sorry that wasn't more help.

All good - thank you though, I do appreciate your helpThanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Perhaps try a new SD card. If the write-protect isn't working there might be a problem with the card you're using.
This space for rent.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-18-2015, 11:03 PM)LanceC Wrote: Perhaps try a new SD card. If the write-protect isn't working there might be a problem with the card you're using.

Thank you LanceC for your reply however I've already done this. Perhaps windows 10 will correct the problem when it comes out!!
Post Reply Post Reply
Are you using the same card reader? Something must be ignoring the write protect and I don't think it is within the capability of the OS to do so.
This space for rent.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-18-2015, 11:20 PM)LanceC Wrote: Are you using the same card reader? Something must be ignoring the write protect and I don't think it is within the capability of the OS to do so.

no - different card readers. It is definitely win 8.1 thats doing it, there are lots of discussions online about it but no help. Someone has kindly emailed me some information that may help so will be trying it out later when i get home.

Thanks everyone for their replies.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor sausagesrolex 1 242 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  [Equipment] Simultaneous Reporting of Cheyne-Stokes Respiration (CSR) and Central Apnea (CA) Aldiorg 3 290 02-19-2024, 03:57 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  AirSense 11 not reporting data correctly to SD card WHB74 4 502 10-17-2023, 03:32 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  P10 reporting leaks even when there are no real leaks Michaely6 14 2,568 08-07-2023, 08:22 PM
Last Post: JasonR
  Why does my O2 reporting not reflect my Oscar reporting ? Albatros 4 508 06-23-2023, 05:53 AM
Last Post: Albatros
  What can I expect from the DVLA (UK) after reporting OSA? Quarky68 1 655 06-21-2023, 09:23 AM
Last Post: Kingsway
  Why does my Oscar reporting start at a wrong time ? Albatros 4 706 04-15-2023, 01:40 AM
Last Post: Albatros

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.