Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SD CArd Download "Error".
Question 
SD CArd Download "Error".
Hi Everybody, long time no visit. Apology-2

I am experiencing a problem with my Resmed S9 Auto whereby occasionally it will try to suffocate me. Nervous, by that I mean that sometimes I will wake up in a panic trying to rip the mask off my face to get air, I feel like I am suffocating.

I have reported this to my Doctor but got no explanation other than to try and pinpoint exactly when it happens. Well the other night 11/18/2015 I woke up and caught the "devil" trying to blow my cheeks apart Grin. My cheeks were puffed out further than Chip 'N' Dale with a mouth full of nuts, don't ask me how, but I was able to breath normally through my nose but not through my mouth as my cheeks were blown up as previously explained. I let the ResMed run like this for a little while to see if it ramped itself down but it didn't, I took the mask off, turned the machine off for a couple of minutes, turned it back on and it worked perfectly, I then turned it off and went back to sleep without it as I didn't want to be woken up again.

I took note of the time and put it on the notepad app on my cell, tonight I upgraded my ResScan program to v5.5.0.9285 (Run as Administrator) to the latest version (no probs), I opened my Patient file but for the love of me every time I tried to download the data of my SD card it came up with "Error".
I have BRP.crc -BRP.edf - and CRC file in a Datalog File on the card (now copied to PC) but they will not download to ResScan. I have tried Importing the Datalog file into ResScan which reports it is successful but nothing changes and I cannot find the file in the program anywhere.

I find it odd that in nearly 3 yrs of having the ResMed S9 Auto that it has never been in for a checkup - calibration check or whatever the Techs do with it, since my first visit after getting the machine I have only ever taken the SD card in, the Receptionist downloads the data and gives it to the Doctor on his PC. The doctor prints out a sheet and shows me what he thinks I should/need to know and that's the be all end all of my visit - come again 12 mths.

Could somebody help me out or give me a clue on what I should/need to be doing both with the SD card.

Thanks.
Pedro
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SD CArd Download "Error".
What about trying SleepyHead. As you're probably aware, it's available by clicking on the link at the top of the forum page.
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-21-2015, 08:09 AM)cate1898 Wrote: What about trying SleepyHead. As you're probably aware, it's available by clicking on the link at the top of the forum page.

Hi cate1898, I just notified of your reply whilst I was playing around with SleepyHead, funny that it could read the data on the SD card but ResScan couldn't.

I have removed the old ReScan program (used Revo Uninstaller Pro) that was overwritten by the new version, turned off my AV and Spyware and re-installed a fresh copy of ResScan, still no success.

I will wait and see what other replies are forthcoming but it looks like I might have reformat the SD and start afresh with gathering data.

Pedro
Post Reply Post Reply
Before fprmatting the card, which will likely restore it to ReScan acceptable condition, try the following:

Insert the SD card in your computer and open it for viewing the files and folders. If you see any file or folder other than the following, delete it:

DATALOG
SETTINGS

Identification.crc
Identification.tgt
Journal.dat
STR.crc
STR.edf

ps. You must have your view setting to show hidden files or else the Journal.dat file will not appear. Any other hidden files will need to be erased.

Dude

Post Reply Post Reply
Why format the card and start over? If SleepyHead is working OK, why not just keep using it and forget about ResScan?
Post Reply Post Reply
ResScan makes a lot of entries in the Event Viewer. You may be able to clue in on what is going on with ResScan by opening the Event Viewer, expanding the Windows Logs, and clicking on the Application log.

You said you uninstalled ResScan. There are many directories that ResScan creates, including after you run it the first time. If you truly want to get rid of ResScan so you can install a fresh copy you will probably need to delete them all as well as possibly some Registry keys. This will ensure there is no rogue data hanging around.

I can't possibly list all the directories and registry keys (there are lots) that ResScan creates but here are the major ones to remove.

Note:
  • Doing this will erase all your ResScan data.
  • I am going to list just the top level directories since deleting that will delete everything under it.
  • I'm using 64-bit Windows. 32-bit windows will not have (x86) after Program Files.

Directories to remove:
C:\Program Files (x86)\ResMed
C:\ProgramData\ResMed
C:\ProgramData\{DD930F49-F20F-4B0C-9469-7E6CDCC79711}
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\ResMed
C:\Users\<yourname>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\ResMed
C:\Users\<yourname>\Documents\ResScan
C:\Users\Public\Documents\ResMed
C:\Windows\Installer\{13C46789-1DE3-4CEC-AFC1-3C5175B38B3F}
*C:\Users\All Users\{DD930F49-F20F-4B0C-9469-7E6CDCC79711}
*C:\Users\All Users\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\ResMed
*C:\Users\All Users\ResMed

Registry: -These should go away when you uninstall but in case they don't-
HKLM SOFTWARE\ResMed
HKLM SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{13C46789-1DE3-4CEC-AFC1-3C5175B38B3F}

* In order to get to the "All Users" directory under Users you need to type it into the address bar: C:\Users\All Users because it is a hidden protected operating system file/folder.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi subyroo, welcome back
What you're describing is called chipmunk cheeks, CPAP air blows into your nose to splint open the airways and instead enter into your mouth
If you press your tongue against the roof of your mouth, you'll also seal the exit into the mouth,
but you'll need to keep doing it as tongue tend to relax while sleeping

Since you're using full face mask, you can also breathe through your mouth and won't affect the treatment, might need a chinstrap too

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-21-2015, 10:47 AM)surferdude2 Wrote: Before fprmatting the card, which will likely restore it to ReScan acceptable condition, try the following:

Insert the SD card in your computer and open it for viewing the files and folders. If you see any file or folder other than the following, delete it:

DATALOG
SETTINGS

Identification.crc
Identification.tgt
Journal.dat
STR.crc
STR.edf

ps. You must have your view setting to show hidden files or else the Journal.dat file will not appear. Any other hidden files will need to be erased.

Dude

Hi Dude,

I was about to reply and say that my Journal.dat file was missing but the saw the p.s., in actual fact you have take the tick out of the "Hide protected operating system files" box to get it to show up.
Well that is what it took on my Win7 Ultimate 64bit PC.

(11-21-2015, 01:11 PM)Tacoma Droner Wrote: Why format the card and start over? If SleepyHead is working OK, why not just keep using it and forget about ResScan?

I am more familiar with the ResScan program, however I will learn to read Sleepyhead and have both installed as a backup in case one fails again like now.

Thanks.

Pedro
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-21-2015, 03:16 PM)AlanE Wrote: ResScan makes a lot of entries in the Event Viewer. You may be able to clue in on what is going on with ResScan by opening the Event Viewer, expanding the Windows Logs, and clicking on the Application log.

You said you uninstalled ResScan. There are many directories that ResScan creates, including after you run it the first time. If you truly want to get rid of ResScan so you can install a fresh copy you will probably need to delete them all as well as possibly some Registry keys. This will ensure there is no rogue data hanging around.

I can't possibly list all the directories and registry keys (there are lots) that ResScan creates but here are the major ones to remove.

Note:
  • Doing this will erase all your ResScan data.
  • I am going to list just the top level directories since deleting that will delete everything under it.
  • I'm using 64-bit Windows. 32-bit windows will not have (x86) after Program Files.

Directories to remove:
C:\Program Files (x86)\ResMed
C:\ProgramData\ResMed
C:\ProgramData\{DD930F49-F20F-4B0C-9469-7E6CDCC79711}
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\ResMed
C:\Users\<yourname>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\ResMed
C:\Users\<yourname>\Documents\ResScan
C:\Users\Public\Documents\ResMed
C:\Windows\Installer\{13C46789-1DE3-4CEC-AFC1-3C5175B38B3F}
*C:\Users\All Users\{DD930F49-F20F-4B0C-9469-7E6CDCC79711}
*C:\Users\All Users\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\ResMed
*C:\Users\All Users\ResMed

Registry: -These should go away when you uninstall but in case they don't-
HKLM SOFTWARE\ResMed
HKLM SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{13C46789-1DE3-4CEC-AFC1-3C5175B38B3F}

* In order to get to the "All Users" directory under Users you need to type it into the address bar: C:\Users\All Users because it is a hidden protected operating system file/folder.

G'day AlanE,

The folders and registry entries are removed when using Revo Uninstaller or Your Uninstaller, they both use the unwanted software installer program to locate where it installed it's files.

Thanks.
Pedro
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-21-2015, 04:14 PM)zonk Wrote: Hi subyroo, welcome back
What you're describing is called chipmunk cheeks, CPAP air blows into your nose to splint open the airways and instead enter into your mouth
If you press your tongue against the roof of your mouth, you'll also seal the exit into the mouth,
but you'll need to keep doing it as tongue tend to relax while sleeping

Since you're using full face mask, you can also breathe through your mouth and won't affect the treatment, might need a chinstrap too

G'day Zonk,

I tried the tongue in the roof of the mouth last night but I cannot get my tongue to stick (suction?) as somebody else said "it takes practise" so I will stick with it as best I can.

Thanks.

Pedro
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR v1.5.2- error code 5, unable to write to data directory sleepynotion 2 191 03-18-2024, 12:09 PM
Last Post: sleepynotion
  Oscar 1.5.1 - where to download cc0bc973 stanley61 4 243 02-26-2024, 02:11 PM
Last Post: stanley61
  AirSense 11 Data download csv file vs. card tkblizard 3 552 12-29-2023, 04:33 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Are older versions of OSCAR available to download? leonking 0 326 11-23-2023, 03:01 PM
Last Post: leonking
  Error while installing OSCAR on Lenovo Chromebook Bodie 15 1,308 10-29-2023, 12:41 PM
Last Post: Bodie
  can i download the data of the sd card? ness1125 2 465 10-05-2023, 09:34 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  UNABLE TO DOWNLOAD OSCAR 1.5.0 Greywolfe 1 484 09-07-2023, 12:18 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.