Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SD CArd Download "Error".
RE: SD CArd Download "Error".
Next Question.

When and if I do decide to reformat the SD card what Format does it have be in FAT - FAT32 etc.?

Do you have to save any of the folders before formatting?
Pedro
Post Reply Post Reply
It's always good to have backups. Create a folder and copy all of the files and folders mentioned earlier from your SD card to it. Include the hidden one. You'll be on safe ground if you decide you need to return the card to its previous condition. For instance, if formatting it doesn't solve your problem, you can restore the card and try some other remedy.

Then use Windows to format the card. The correct format is FAT and will be the default one offered. Also use the default cluster size.

Dude
Post Reply Post Reply
After formatting, insert the card into the machine and it will write all of the previously mentioned files to the card, albeit a current version that doesn't contain the graphs. When it finishes, remove it and test it to see if ResScan will now "see" it properly.

Dude
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi subyroo,
WELCOME BACK! to the forum.!
Good luck to you with getting ResScan to work for you and hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-21-2015, 09:31 PM)surferdude2 Wrote: After formatting, insert the card into the machine and it will write all of the previously mentioned files to the card, albeit a current version that doesn't contain the graphs. When it finishes, remove it and test it to see if ResScan will now "see" it properly.

Dude

G'day Dude,

"Well I'll be a monkey's uncle", I followed your advice and made a copy (backup) of all the Folders & Files on the SD card, re-formatted it to FAT, put it back into the ResMed S9 Auto and turned it on. I waited until it had read the card and then took it out, opened ResScan v5.5, opened my Patient file and then tried Downloading the data ... lo and behold it downloaded all the files from Dec 2014 right up until today 11/22/2015.

I don't know how it did that, but I am happy that it is working again. :grin:

Thanks Mate!

Pedro
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-21-2015, 08:42 PM)subyroo Wrote:
(11-21-2015, 04:14 PM)zonk Wrote: Hi subyroo, welcome back
What you're describing is called chipmunk cheeks, CPAP air blows into your nose to splint open the airways and instead enter into your mouth
If you press your tongue against the roof of your mouth, you'll also seal the exit into the mouth,
but you'll need to keep doing it as tongue tend to relax while sleeping

Since you're using full face mask, you can also breathe through your mouth and won't affect the treatment, might need a chinstrap too

G'day Zonk,

I tried the tongue in the roof of the mouth last night but I cannot get my tongue to stick (suction?) as somebody else said "it takes practise" so I will stick with it as best I can.

Thanks.

Zonk, I have been trying your tongue in the roof of the mouth trick but still getting that suffocating feeling after approx. 2+ hrs.

I got the shits with it and took the machine in for testing today, turns out my mask is leaking badly and the C-PAP is trying to cover for the leakage hence the suffocation feeling from the pressure.
The Tech lady has ordered me a new mask, she said it could be the new ResMed Quattro Full Face Mask style depending whether the old stock has been depleted or not.

I don't care if it is the new model or not just so long as I can get 7+ hrs sleep when using it. Big Grin

Pedro
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello All, first time poster

I recently took delivery of a new Resmed Airsense 10. I'd been renting one from a local provider and the therapy was working, so sourced my own from OS for a substantial discount on local prices.

The problem I now have is that after mucking around in Rescan 5.5 (thanks for the link to download), I've managed to delete/overwrite some of the files on the card. The A10 still works OK, it's just not logging any data.

When inserted into the machine, I get "Settings not saved, return SD card to provider". There's only one folder on the card "settings" and the files within are:

settings.crc
settings.ecp
settingstarget.crc
settingstarget.tgt

I have configured Windows explorer to show all hidden files so I'm confident that I can see everything on the card. From a post above, re-formatting the card might help?

Any advice is most appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome

Wish I had better news to give you. This happens when you use ResScan to change your machine settings. When you change your settings within ResScan, ResScan erases everything on your SD card and writes those files. It seems like something is not set right and your machine is rejecting the proposed changes.

You can try to use a utility to recover the datalog folder from your SD card but most likely the files are gone. Did you make a backup? If the 'unerase' utility doesn't work, you can try formatting the card, putting it back in your machine, let the machine do its business and maybe it will write back some of the data to the card. At this point though, you will have lost detailed data since the machine writes it only to the card and doesn't store it anywhere else.

ResScan stores the data in a format not compatible with anything except ResScan. i.e. you can't just go into the ResScan data folder and copy it back to the SD card. Your data may still reside in ResScan though and you can still refer to it to view your results.

Moving forward, when you use ResScan or SleepyHead, please lock the SD card before putting it into your computer. This will prevent accidentally deleting your data.

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Alan. I'll give the format a try, can't lose anything more!
Post Reply Post Reply
I can't remember if ResScan warns about erasing the card. I think I found that out the hard way as well. I had a backup of my card though so it wasn't a loss. :\
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR v1.5.2- error code 5, unable to write to data directory sleepynotion 2 106 03-18-2024, 12:09 PM
Last Post: sleepynotion
  Oscar 1.5.1 - where to download cc0bc973 stanley61 4 197 02-26-2024, 02:11 PM
Last Post: stanley61
  AirSense 11 Data download csv file vs. card tkblizard 3 493 12-29-2023, 04:33 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Are older versions of OSCAR available to download? leonking 0 297 11-23-2023, 03:01 PM
Last Post: leonking
  Error while installing OSCAR on Lenovo Chromebook Bodie 15 1,234 10-29-2023, 12:41 PM
Last Post: Bodie
  can i download the data of the sd card? ness1125 2 441 10-05-2023, 09:34 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  UNABLE TO DOWNLOAD OSCAR 1.5.0 Greywolfe 1 444 09-07-2023, 12:18 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.