Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SD Card
SD Card
Hello,
My SD card has stopped working in my Philips System One. My computer also refuses to acknowledge it. I tried installing a new card into my CPAP in the hope that it may have an auto formatting feature, doesn't seem that way. I would imagine the card could easily have something on it that ties it to myself by name or number. Can anyone enlighten me on this as I am a tightwad by circumstance and would rather avoid driving a long distance to a service center which I have previously found to have very interesting pricing.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SD Card
Hi paul0001 - Welcome
The size of the SD card may be the problem.  If it is over 32Gb then the formatting will be different.  Make sure that the SD card is formatted to a Win32 format. You might even try a WIn16 format if the WIn32 doesn't work.

Good luck!
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your response.
I put the 16gb card in my old netbook (win32) and reformatted it and then put it in the CPAP. Now when I put it in my win64 desktop it finds the card and seems to read correctly from it. It wont give me the last few days but I'm hoping this is somehow just the amount of time the old card wasn't working. Come to think of it, that shouldn't matter because it's stored on the CPAP anyway. Anyhow, will see what happens in the morning.
Again, thanks for your advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
Not sure what the specifics are for your machine, but it might only provide summary info when a card wasn’t installed or otherwise not accessible during a sleep session. I’m sure someone here can clarify.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
When you are reformatting the SD card, make sure the format it to FAT32.  I believe the CPAP won’t recognize it if it’s in any other format (NTFS, ext4 etc), even if your computer will.  I would leave the name blank - pre-formatted cards from Resmed and PR are labeled as ‘untitled’.
Post Reply Post Reply
Put the card in computer this morning and all is good (except a few previous missing days).
I have left the old card out before at least a few days and it has always caught up when I put it back in the CPAP, but not this time which is odd but incidental.
Thanks for all help, much appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SD card backup on PC and new SD card snorin2 0 946 12-05-2022, 01:53 PM
Last Post: snorin2
  ResMed S9 SD Card "Invalid SD Card, erase card data?" MAPnea 41 51,009 04-29-2021, 03:42 AM
Last Post: Scobber
  Downloading data to SD card of Resmed for nights that SD card not in ResMed machine Robert6 8 9,357 06-19-2015, 09:28 AM
Last Post: estgad
  Forgot to put card back in machine, is there a way to copy it from machine to card? Marnid2014 6 6,285 04-06-2014, 08:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.