Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SD Card
SD Card
I was wondering about using a spare SD card to monitor my progress while my machine's card is in the post to my sleep nurse. I have telephone appointments atm this can deprive me of my card for a week or more, by the tie it returns to me.

Is a generic card going to work?
Respironics Dreamstation Auto CPAP ay 8 cm. fixed pressure.

Resmed AirFit F230 mask. 
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SD Card
Any card up to 32gb will work.

Chalkie, I hope you get your SD card back from your Sleep Nurse. At least in the US, they seem to be famous for "misplacing" them.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't see why you couldn't copy the files from SD Card #1 (original card) onto a second SD card, and just continue logging data onto card #2. I don't know if there are hidden files that PR PAP machines write onto the card, but these would have to be copied, if they exist.

If you are using a Mac computer, you can use "Shift+Command+." (that's the period key) to toggle on/off viewing hidden files.
RayBee

~ Self-Treatment - via ApneaBoard experts.
~ Self-Pay - no help from Kaiser other than getting my script, then a pat on the butt and out the door.
~ Self-Educated - via ApneaBoard experts, its many users, and posted reference material.
~ Complex Apnea - All Night AHI=34.2/h, Supine AHI=45.5/h
~ Using a 2021 16" MacBook Pro M1 Max, 32 GB, 1 TB, macOS Monterey V12.6.2.
~ Pay no attention to the dog behind the cup, he ain't a docta, and does not give medical advise.
~ Woof, woof.

I-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply
A micro sized SD Card will work in an adapter too, if you happen to have something laying around already.
RayBee

~ Self-Treatment - via ApneaBoard experts.
~ Self-Pay - no help from Kaiser other than getting my script, then a pat on the butt and out the door.
~ Self-Educated - via ApneaBoard experts, its many users, and posted reference material.
~ Complex Apnea - All Night AHI=34.2/h, Supine AHI=45.5/h
~ Using a 2021 16" MacBook Pro M1 Max, 32 GB, 1 TB, macOS Monterey V12.6.2.
~ Pay no attention to the dog behind the cup, he ain't a docta, and does not give medical advise.
~ Woof, woof.

I-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply
My card has been scribbled on both by the Mac Finder and Dropbox. (If you run Dropbox when you insert your card it offers to make backups to the card in your Dropbox. DON'T SAY YES!!! It scribbles a bunch of crap on the card to keep track of what it's already backed up.)

I use the following command in the terminal window to sync the SD card to my copy on the computer:

Code:
rsync -av --exclude=".*" --exclude='System*' '/media/parallels/2E1F-8C82/' air11_card/

where
      /media/parallels/2E1F-8C82/
is the logical name that the card mounts with, and
      /air11_card
is the name of the folder that is the computer copy. (The reasons for the names are that I do this with an ubuntu virtual machine running in parallels on my mac. I don't like mounting the SD card on the mac side at all. But rsync does run just fine in a mac terminal window.)
Post Reply Post Reply
Chalkie - Instead of speculating, what OS is your computer using? This will help in advising on the easiest way to back up your SD card. SD cards can fail in a heartbeat, so storing the data on your PC is highly recommended.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-30-2022, 03:47 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: SD cards can fail in a heartbeat, so storing the data on your PC is highly recommended.

Thats something Ive been curious to have clarified.  
If an SD card goes bad (or gets lost) a new card can be initialized in the machine , but can we just copy the data from Oscar back onto the sd card to have a full set of data stored ?
Post Reply Post Reply
OSCAR only makes a backup of some files. It is a very good practice to have a dedicated directory on your PC for this purpose. Using a synchronizing software based on your particular OS can be utilized to only copy the newer files each time you make a backup of the card. A standard copy command is basically inefficient after the initial backup, since it will copy existing files every time too.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks all for your replies.

As to my OS, I run Windows 10 on my PC.

I have bought an SD card and will copy files over from the original as suggested.
Respironics Dreamstation Auto CPAP ay 8 cm. fixed pressure.

Resmed AirFit F230 mask. 
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SD card backup on PC and new SD card snorin2 0 923 12-05-2022, 01:53 PM
Last Post: snorin2
  ResMed S9 SD Card "Invalid SD Card, erase card data?" MAPnea 41 50,887 04-29-2021, 03:42 AM
Last Post: Scobber
  Downloading data to SD card of Resmed for nights that SD card not in ResMed machine Robert6 8 9,328 06-19-2015, 09:28 AM
Last Post: estgad
  Forgot to put card back in machine, is there a way to copy it from machine to card? Marnid2014 6 6,251 04-06-2014, 08:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.