Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SD Card "Bricks" on Sleepyhead
SD Card "Bricks" on Sleepyhead
Thanks to all for previous assistance with my new ResMed 10. I have successfully installed Sleepyhead and use it to check more details on my SD card than shows on the ResMed site or machine. A good friend, retired Marine. came over with his SD card from his ResMed 10 and I created an account for him with my Sleepyhead and downloaded the SD card. The card did show the start date of his acquisition of his CPAP a year ago, it showed each day of use, and hours of use. But the "Brick" icon showed up and there was no apnea or mask related data that showed on Sleepyhead. He has used his CPAP religiously and has never checked to see if his apnea is well controlled. He never registered with the Res Med website and wonders if the CPAP router has even sent his information to ResMed. His wife is a medical professional and tells him that he 'apneas' (seconds of breath holding) have ceased so he has not pursued detailed information. I urged him to return to the medical equipment company and ask them to bring up the data on the card. With this background my question has to do with the unavailability of specific apnea and AHI and Central apnea events *(apparently) on the SD card as read by Sleepyhead. Thanks to all for reading through all this. Dont-know
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SD Card "Bricks" on Sleephead
Your friend must have the base model, AirSense 10 Cpap. This is what we call a "brick".
I believe it only shows usage as you have discovered.

Here is a link to show you the difference between the fully data capable cpaps, and which ones to avoid. (Bricks)

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ne_Choices

The only other thing I can think of is if your friend does have a data capable machine, the SD card could be corrupted.

You should be able to determine which machine he has by this link:
http://www.apneaboard.com/cpap-machine-p...ur-machine
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Did you see something like this:

[Image: brick.PNG]

That what you might see if you have the basic model.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks to both responders. I am convinced that your remarks give the answer. I shall so inform my friend, but will only tell him that he has a 'basic' model that does not provide detailed information on the SD card.

I have to wonder if he goes to the equipment provider can they find out with the ResMed program if his apnea is being adequately treated???? I am puzzled as to the value of the SD card if it only shows 'compliance.' Is it just used to inform the insurance company that compliance days goal is reached and it is time to pay up?
Post Reply Post Reply
Not sure, but I would think that the LCD display on the Cpap would give the AHI number.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar cannot read SD card and SD card cannot be read by PC BlueSky1958 1 644 08-21-2023, 06:41 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Oscar cannot read card - card cannot be read by PC BlueSky1958 3 554 08-21-2023, 01:02 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Question on uploading from SD card to Sleepyhead picante 7 1,607 12-04-2018, 02:03 PM
Last Post: picante
  Copied SD card data onto PC, and I can't get sleepyhead to read it? DougM 4 1,829 02-18-2018, 02:11 PM
Last Post: DougM
  SleepyHead accuracy in reading ResMed card on Mac okiejack 1 1,640 01-12-2018, 03:35 PM
Last Post: jaswilliams
  sleepyhead SD card download kooly 6 2,048 10-09-2017, 08:18 PM
Last Post: AlanE
Angry EncoreBasic SD card problem [non-PR card?] medinamike 5 2,332 10-08-2017, 12:04 AM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.