Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SD Card Converter
SD Card Converter
Hello, I have just recently started using my CPAP again. I've been using the MyAir app but have seen many people discuss how Oscar is more accurate and offers more details for examining CPAP information, which I am interested in doing. I downloaded Oscar and ordered an SD card for my CPAP, but do not have a place to put my SD card in my laptop. Do I need a specific type of SD card reader/converter for my laptop to upload the data to Oscar? I wanted to ask since I am not technologically inclined before I ordered anything else. Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SD Card Converter
Almost any SD card reader that takes a full size SD card will do. Older laptops will take a USB 2 plug, which is rectangular, about a half inch wide and an eighth inch thick. Newer laptops should take that and possibly a USB-C plug, which is much smaller, and with rounded edges. If in doubt, take your laptop to the store and ask for assistance.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SD Card Converter
Hi cattdetectives!  -  Welcome
Any USB-SD card reader will do.  Most now come equipped to read different card types on the same reader.  You can find them in pharmacies, big box stores, and online.   Expect to pay around $12 to $15 USD.  The only thing to be aware of is, in order to lower the cost, a lot of them are not equipped with the "Write-protect" microswitch.   This means that there isn't any need to slide the Write-protect tab to the locked position on the SD card when connecting it to your PC.  In fact, since most CPAPs do have the microswitch in their SD slot, forgetting and having it locked when reinserting back into the CPAP will cause problems.

The SD card slot most likely will be a "push to engage/push to disengage" type of latch.  You push it in past the "click" sound to latch the card in the CPAP.  To remove it, push it again until you hear the click, and it will pop out.

Good luck!
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  csv-converter for like nx-8462 oximeter capman 1 147 03-15-2024, 04:45 AM
Last Post: capman
  python file converter for EMAY sleep pulse oximeter joeblough 1 612 03-04-2024, 10:26 PM
Last Post: ElectricalPaul
  Oscar cannot read SD card and SD card cannot be read by PC BlueSky1958 1 643 08-21-2023, 06:41 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Oscar cannot read card - card cannot be read by PC BlueSky1958 3 552 08-21-2023, 01:02 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Angry EncoreBasic SD card problem [non-PR card?] medinamike 5 2,332 10-08-2017, 12:04 AM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Sleepyhead imports from card instead of specified floder if a card is present DariaVader 5 2,571 03-18-2016, 05:40 PM
Last Post: DariaVader

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.