Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SD Card Data Question
SD Card Data Question
I'm going to be returning my ?PAP machine to DME supplier 1 for to many reasons I'd rather not discuss.

I'll be receiving the same ?PAP machine from DME supplier 2.

My plan is to go to DME supplier 2 first so use the SD card from my exsiting ?PAP to populate the new ?PAP machine with the settings from ?PAP machine 1.

So the question is this, will DME supplier 2 be able to take the data from either the old machine or SD card and merge it into the new ?PAP machine or is it going to be forever lost?

Perhaps I have my head, like an ostrich, stuck deeply within a bucket of sand? Huh

TIA
Warning: Eating chocolate may cause your clothes to shrink!
[Image: ry6XtE9.gif] <---- That's ME!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SD Card Data Question
There might be a problem with your logic. Each machine, regardless of manufacturer, writes the machine's serial number to the data. I don't believe that you can have 2 different machines data on one SD card. I think you'd be better served by copying the data off the current SD card to your PC before returning it. Later, you will be able to merge them in your analysis software. You didn't mention this in your post, but are both machines the same make and model?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
yes.... they are SUPPOSED to be the same.... we'll see what they do... I dunno...

Actually, I have a flash air in the ?PAP, and the data is on my Desktop (it's a little machine with some 14 TB's of HDD space on it and I need to add another 4 TB drive.. no there's no games or videos on it and no its' not a napster machine or a server... and some 8.5 feet of monitors [3x34" monitors @ 30960 x 1440] ) and then there's my little laptop.. where I tend to do a lot of my personal stuff on..

They both have ResScan and SleepyHead on them... just so I can view the data anywhere I am...

I've also been seriously considering getting a Pulse Oximeter to start including into my analysis.. I'm still trying to determine which one to get so I can have it all in sleepyhead.... Grrrr... always one more thing...

Next I'll want something that counts the number of hairs on my head so I can determine the rate of deforestation of the hairs on my head! I know something's up there hacking away at the hairs as the bald spot keeps getting bigger... in fact it's now so large it can easily be seen from other planets!
Post Reply Post Reply
Get yourself a 4 gig SD card and copy the data off the original card on to it [don't delete it from the original card] so you have a back up copy just in case DME 2 doesn't know how to do it, or stuffs up doing it.

You won't lose your data from the original machine, and new data will continue to be logged on the same SD card as the original [or copy of the original].

If you use Sleepyhead to read your own data you will see that it records all the machine ID details, it will also show the date you swapped over to the new machine, plus all the ID information and details of the new one.

I have just done exactly this when I returned my loan Dreamstation and purchased a brand new one and had it set up as an exact clone of the loan unit.
The clinic let me keep the SD card from the loan machine [but I had copied the card files to a second one just in case].
All the data is still on the card from the first machine, and it has logged the swap over to the new machine and still continues to record all the data.

I download from the SD card to my computer every few days via the Sleepyhead program, the full data log right back to day one of CPAP use is there for me to view any time.. and it shows my compliance data averages combined from both machines, so no problems for supplying the information to ensure I keep my driving licence intact.

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-15-2016, 07:11 AM)Ockrocket Wrote: I have just done exactly this when I returned my loan Dreamstation and purchased a brand new one and had it set up as an exact clone of the loan unit.

Thank you.. I've got all the data, and I'll do as you suggest...

Thanks again.. !
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SD Card in AirSense 11 missing data larryh 2 170 03-06-2024, 08:54 PM
Last Post: larryh
  [CPAP] Philips SD Card Format Question Crimson Nape 1 236 02-16-2024, 10:23 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [CPAP] First post - Uploading Airsense 11 AutoSet data to SD card DrBook 2 346 01-03-2024, 07:50 PM
Last Post: DrBook
  AirSense 11 not reporting data correctly to SD card WHB74 4 505 10-17-2023, 03:32 PM
  [Equipment] SD card question and mask leak issue when side sleeping KingsIndian 1 431 10-13-2023, 08:41 PM
Question Recording Data To SD Card TheEngineer 4 672 09-14-2023, 08:30 AM
Last Post: RNeil
  Question about reliability of the CPAP data zynsa 4 661 08-02-2023, 05:50 PM
Last Post: zynsa

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.