Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SD Card Data Woes
SD Card Data Woes
I have been lulled into a false sense of security by my low AHI (55.7 untreated, 1.3 treated for the last 215 days) so I have not been pulling the card out every day.

On July 26th I imported to SH, and all data since July 8th was missing. I unplugged the APAP for a while, and then I got some of the data from those days written to the card, but not all.

It seemed to be fixed, but I imported today (first time in a week or so) and another week or so of data was missing. Again, I rebooted the APAP, and this time was able to download all data from those days.

But I am understandably not pleased.

Any suggestions?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SD Card Data Woes
(08-04-2015, 04:17 PM)TyroneShoes Wrote: I am understandably not pleased.

Any suggestions?

As an old and seasoned ex I.T. guy, I learned the hard way never, but NEVER to have important data on only one storage device.

I copy the data from my SD card every day and save it in about five places, including on both my mobile devices in case a metor lands on the house while I am out.

You have to decide for yourself whether the risk of data loss outweighs the inconvenience of backing up your data every day.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
Sure, I learned the hard way also. And I've wrangled some rooms full of servers my darn self.

But how important is this data? Not very. As long as they can download compliance, and as long as I still get a good AHI report every morning, I will not shed a tear if last year's data goes up in smoke. Or meteor smoke.

And the problem is not the data; its that the xPAP is not reliably writing it to the card.

Maybe i'll try a new card. Or a wifi card. Are those reliable? That way I would not be playing Tiddly-Winks with manhole covers every morning while swapping the card in and out.
Post Reply Post Reply
the wifi card has been great! much less wear and tear on the sd card and slot - no grimy paws on the contacts - no forgetting to write protect or unlock for the machine! Working everynight.

Ed.... Good Lord, man - if Niburu swings by and slings a meteor my cpap data will be the last thing on my mind! Ditto for Cascadia Subduction Zone rupture which is a lot more likely, or any other disaster of that ilk!
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-04-2015, 05:22 PM)DariaVader Wrote: the wifi card has been great! much less wear and tear on the sd card and slot - no grimy paws on the contacts - no forgetting to write protect or unlock for the machine! Working everynight.

Ed.... Good Lord, man - if Niburu swings by and slings a meteor my cpap data will be the last thing on my mind! Ditto for Cascadia Subduction Zone rupture which is a lot more likely, or any other disaster of that ilk!

Tyrone & Daria,

I had a FlashAir wireless card apparently fail a month ago. Some data was intermittently not written to the card (Sleepy Head problem?) but I finally had one day where no data was written to the card. I replaced it with a good quality wired SD card, and so far, working fine.

I really do miss the convenience of the wireless card, though.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm missing detailed data from the 29th. That's the only day so far.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-04-2015, 05:22 PM)DariaVader Wrote: Ed.... Good Lord, man - if Niburu swings by and slings a meteor my cpap data will be the last thing on my mind! Ditto for Cascadia Subduction Zone rupture which is a lot more likely, or any other disaster of that ilk!

Normal folks like you just can't understand us computer geeks.Shy

Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-04-2015, 07:13 PM)eseedhouse Wrote:
(08-04-2015, 05:22 PM)DariaVader Wrote: Ed.... Good Lord, man - if Niburu swings by and slings a meteor my cpap data will be the last thing on my mind! Ditto for Cascadia Subduction Zone rupture which is a lot more likely, or any other disaster of that ilk!

Normal folks like you just can't understand us computer geeks.Shy

your assumption is narrow. I am a nerds nerd and have worked for many years as a Systems Administrator, and more recently Software QA. Don't let my girlish figure throw you off. My mom's an even bigger nerd than I am.
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SD Card in AirSense 11 missing data larryh 2 170 03-06-2024, 08:54 PM
Last Post: larryh
  [CPAP] First post - Uploading Airsense 11 AutoSet data to SD card DrBook 2 346 01-03-2024, 07:50 PM
Last Post: DrBook
  AirSense 11 not reporting data correctly to SD card WHB74 4 503 10-17-2023, 03:32 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question Recording Data To SD Card TheEngineer 4 670 09-14-2023, 08:30 AM
Last Post: RNeil
  No SD Card anyway to get last night's data jerrykur 2 467 08-01-2023, 10:41 AM
Last Post: jerrykur
  [Equipment] Recently Diagnosed - Mask Woes DiscipleGeek 3 427 07-26-2023, 11:22 AM
Last Post: gainerfull
  My DME cant import my emailed SD card data, can I export all days to a pdf? ImAlwaysTiredd 7 723 12-28-2022, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.