Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SD Card - Doggone it!
SD Card - Doggone it!
I just KNEW I was going to do it. And I did. I left my SD card in my computer instead of putting it back into my CPAP last night.

Is there anywhere we can go on line to log in to ResScan (which I just downloaded and installed) and see/download our results onto our client version of the software?

Last night was my best night yet--AHI=1.1!! Gotta capture that for posterity!

Lamb
To all, to each, a fair good-night,
And pleasing dreams, and slumbers light.
       Scott—Marmion. L’Envoy. To the Reader.

Diagnosed with OSA in 2014
AHI=18
Lowest SpO2: 79%
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SD Card - Doggone it!
Just put it back in your machine Lambsie.... The results are kept in the machine and will be written to the card as soon as you use the machine again. So nothing lost.

Well, almost nothing. The detailed graphic stuff is not kept in the machine, but only a weeks worth is kept on the card anyhow, so within a week you'll be up to snuff again.

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-19-2014, 06:45 PM)retired_guy Wrote: Just put it back in your machine Lambsie.... The results are kept in the machine and will be written to the card as soon as you use the machine again. So nothing lost.

Well, almost nothing. The detailed graphic stuff is not kept in the machine, but only a weeks worth is kept on the card anyhow, so within a week you'll be up to snuff again.

Genius. Thanks so much, RG!

AHI=18
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah usually and after you've re-inserted the SD card into your CPAP machine and then turn it on, the machine goes through a brief 'read-write' session with the card before the machine gives you the main display and access to the control screens.

As for the card reading with the PC, I use one of those pigtail-style universal card readers that attaches externally to one of my computers' front-panel USB ports. That way I see the card reader still hangin' there and I wouldn't forget after I've uploaded chart information from the card to my ResScan. Once I upload the data to the software and save the patient database I can snatch the USB card reader from the computer and then return the SD card to the CPAP machine right away before I forget.
Post Reply Post Reply
There must be a way to make a flag out of paper or plastic to insert into the machine SD slot when the card is removed.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-19-2014, 07:00 PM)remscape808 Wrote: Yeah usually and after you've re-inserted the SD card into your CPAP machine and then turn it on, the machine goes through a brief 'read-write' session with the card before the machine gives you the main display and access to the control screens.

As for the card reading with the PC, I use one of those pigtail-style universal card readers that attaches externally to one of my computers' front-panel USB ports. That way I see the card reader still hangin' there and I wouldn't forget after I've uploaded chart information from the card to my ResScan. Once I upload the data to the software and save the patient database I can snatch the USB card reader from the computer and then return the SD card to the CPAP machine right away before I forget.

Great idea! My computer has a card-reader built in, so even with the card popped out, it isn't as obvious as it would be with an external card reader. I see others may have done this a time or two too...or were smart enough to think of how to avoid ever doing it.

AHI=18
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-19-2014, 07:11 PM)justMongo Wrote: There must be a way to make a flag out of paper or plastic to insert into the machine SD slot when the card is removed.

Hey! Yeah! Just like those plastic placeholders in file cabinets to indicate at-a-glance that a file is missing.

AHI=18
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-19-2014, 07:11 PM)justMongo Wrote: There must be a way to make a flag out of paper or plastic to insert into the machine SD slot when the card is removed.

Remove the mask from the end of the hose and put it somewhere special when you take out the SD card. Then if you want to use the CPAP, you'll notice the mask is missing.

Another possibility is to have two SD cards and put the "spare" card into your CPAP when you remove the one with data. It's a little confusing to handle the multiple cards, especially if you're dealing with "compliance" or taking the card to the doctor, but you should have all the data.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have developed a nearly fool-proof way to keep from forgetting my card. Each morning after I read the data into Sleepyhead, I remove the card from the front of the computer and place it on my desktop. I learned to always do this because whenever I forgot, the puppies came along and removed the card for me. I was getting tired of buying new cards, so now I always remember this step.

Then I developed the habit of taking the card back to the machine each and every morning (except for when I forget) after I've checked my very important email, this site, the sports section of NBC news, and played a game of Spider Solitaire. Works every time, except for sometimes.

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-20-2014, 12:34 PM)retired_guy Wrote: I have developed a nearly fool-proof way to keep from forgetting my card. Each morning after I read the data into Sleepyhead, I remove the card from the front of the computer and place it on my desktop. I learned to always do this because whenever I forgot, the puppies came along and removed the card for me. I was getting tired of buying new cards, so now I always remember this step.

Then I developed the habit of taking the card back to the machine each and every morning (except for when I forget) after I've checked my very important email, this site, the sports section of NBC news, and played a game of Spider Solitaire. Works every time, except for sometimes.

Just proves that there is no such thing as fool proof, just as soon as you think you have it, they come out with a better fool.

Before going flashair I would stick a stick note to my nasal pillows that reminded me the card wasn't there.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SD card backup on PC and new SD card snorin2 0 921 12-05-2022, 01:53 PM
Last Post: snorin2
  ResMed S9 SD Card "Invalid SD Card, erase card data?" MAPnea 41 50,867 04-29-2021, 03:42 AM
Last Post: Scobber
  Downloading data to SD card of Resmed for nights that SD card not in ResMed machine Robert6 8 9,326 06-19-2015, 09:28 AM
Last Post: estgad
  Forgot to put card back in machine, is there a way to copy it from machine to card? Marnid2014 6 6,249 04-06-2014, 08:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.