Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SD Card Error on my ResMed ASV
SD Card Error on my ResMed ASV
Something strange happened last night on my ASV. I got up a little after midnight to go to the restroom and when I hooked up to the ASV, it didn't come on (autostart). I tapped the button on top - nothing. Tap again - nothing. Then I looked at the machine and saw this error message below. The SD Card light near the card was blinking slowly 4 times in 4 seconds, then go dark for about 18 seconds. I watched it do this for several minutes. Kind of wondering if it was stuck in an endless loop. Eventually it came back to life and started working normally again.

This morning I tried to backup my SD Card to my laptop and got this error message.

I looked it up - "Argument List Too Long".

Then I loaded the data into OSCAR and noticed some of the info stopped logging after session #2 and everything stopped logging after session #3 (or it quit midstream). I don't know if I woke up where the end of OSCAR data had reported.

I backed up what I could from the SD Card (a Samsung 32GB Micro card) and loaded (added about 100 days) the unlogged days onto the old ResMed factory card. The ASV didn't seem to complain when I inserted the ResMed factory card. I guess we'll see what happened with tonight's data.

Anybody else have anything like this happen? I'll be posting success/failure of tonight's session, tomorrow.

Perhaps the Samsung card needs to be retired...
RayBee

~ Self-Treatment - via ApneaBoard experts.
~ Self-Pay - no help from Kaiser other than getting my script, then a pat on the butt and out the door.
~ Self-Educated - via ApneaBoard experts, its many users, and posted reference material.
~ Complex Apnea - All Night AHI=34.2/h, Supine AHI=45.5/h
~ Using a 2021 16" MacBook Pro M1 Max, 32 GB, 1 TB, macOS Monterey V12.6.2.
~ Pay no attention to the dog behind the cup, he ain't a docta, and does not give medical advise.
~ Woof, woof.

I-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SD Card Error on my ResMed ASV
Never had these errors. Probably SD card has gone bad.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
That's kinda what I'm thinking.
RayBee

~ Self-Pay - no help from Kaiser other than getting my script, then a pat on the butt and out the door.
~ Self-Educated - via ApneaBoard experts, its many users, and posted reference material.
~ Pay no attention to the dog behind the cup, he ain't a docta, and does not give medical advise.
~ Woof, woof.

I-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply
I had an SD card go bad in 2016. I started getting intermittent read errors. After the third one I got a new card. Eventually the card became totally unreadable.

...why I'm paranoid about backups...
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the input Dave & Cathy.

Last night, everything recorded flawlessly onto the original 4 GB ResMed SD Card.

Does anyone know who the manufacturer is of ResMed's SD Cards? Just curious. I'd like to get a higher capacity card as the 4 GB card has 3 GB gobbled up already. I think the originals may be a Class 4 - they are pretty slow as compared to a Class 10. The one, (we'll call it a failed card), was a "SAMSUNG (MB-ME32GA/AM) 32GB 95MB/s (U1) microSDHC EVO Select Memory Card with Full-Size Adapter". A very fast Class 10 card.

I'm not so confident in the Samsung brand of cards now. I have the same card, but 256 GB in a BlackVue DashCam that seems to give me intermittent problems too. In the DashCam, I'm not sure if it is the card itself or their "Smart" power adapter that is to blame though. I know the power adapter is occasionally killing power to the system. And if that happens while the camera is writing to the card, the card data could get corrupt. And it's probably writing almost all the time being a DashCam. I need to cut out their power adapter and run it directly to an accessory power source to know for sure.

My wife's identical DashCam setup has run flawlessly since I installed it almost two years ago.
RayBee

~ Woof, woof.

I-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply
I've used Samsung SD cards in my smartphone and my current lite laptop, and no failures that I recall, dating back to 2012. SanDisk is one I'd consider a good bet, I've had very good success with their USB jump drives.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just ordered a 32 GB SanDisk MAX ENDURANCE microSD™ Card. Not a barn burner for speed but designed for Endurance, as the name implies. That's what I am after.

Their claim...
"Built to capture up to 120,000 hours (over 13 years)1 of footage for your home security cameras or dash cam, the SanDisk® MAX ENDURANCE microSD™ card is engineered not only for continuous recording and re-recording, but also for continuous peace of mind for years to come."

SanDisk MAX ENDURANCE microSD™ Card Spec

This is one of those things you just don't want to have to think about. You just want it to keep working and not make a fuss. I hope it doesn't let me down.

Kind of like my Astroline car floor jack that finally died after 40 long years... prematurely. [Image: 2.gif]
RayBee

~ Woof, woof.

I-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResMed 10 Card-to-Cloud: no cellular device NelsonM 20 3,037 03-14-2024, 10:08 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 228 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
Question ResMed AirSense 10 SD Card reuse? uselessdetails 3 412 02-16-2024, 02:51 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  New User - Mask Seal Error WJ5596 6 333 02-12-2024, 02:57 PM
Last Post: WJ5596
  [Equipment] Resmed Airsense 11 SD Card? Dawg 1 259 02-11-2024, 09:01 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Gross DreamStation Error Front Panel drouou 2 184 02-10-2024, 04:17 PM
Last Post: drouou
  Resmed airsense 10 auto set card to cloud chronic 4 391 02-02-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: chronic

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.