Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SD Card Extension
RE: SD Card Extension
No issues transferring data files with Toshiba Flashair SD cards...

Of course, if you select another type of wifi SD card specifically designed for digital cameras, then you would have issues...

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-12-2017, 08:52 PM)tedgreen Wrote: No issues transferring data files with Toshiba Flashair SD cards...

Of course, if you select another type of wifi SD card specifically designed for digital cameras, then you would have issues...

There's issues with the Toshiba Flashair in how the PRS1 stores data files, and what sleepy head needs to get to get the data out. It's not as easy as you state it is. Or I should rephrase and say it wasn't when I last did it.

Here's the original thread
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...rd-in-PAPs
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
There's something called flashPAP that helps download the Flashair data and I've even downloaded it in readiness, but don't have the time to troubleshoot the entire wifi network setup and make some code changes to introduce the flashair card.

Thought the cable would be an easy alternative. Had already ordered it online and waiting for it to arrive. Maybe hopefully technology has moved on since then. Didn't think the subject's already been beaten to death Hammer. Darn, I even bought the 48cm length version!

Anyway the SD slot for my all-in-one PC is situated behind the screen (facing backwards) so I can still use it if it doesn't work for the CPAP. Won't sterilise another USB slot on the PC using those 5-in-1 multi-card converters.

lots-o-coffee
The doctor says coffee does not affect my tinnitus and it's got lots of antioxidants....however, the after dinner drinks are a different matter altogether. 
Post Reply Post Reply
I personally wouldn't use a cable extension on a SD card slot, as you are a lot more likely to move or pull the cable, and therefore damage more the SD card slot that way...
Post Reply Post Reply
I have used the flashair card successfully then it stopped working. This has happened a few times and trying to get it working again was difficult. I even purchased a new card and that did not help. My computer is on the 1st floor and too many times I would forget to put the SD card back into the cpap machine.

My solution was to get a USB Active (Repeater) Extension Cable. Regular USB cables can only travel a limited distance. I had to snake the repeater cable through the ceiling and walls to my computer. I hooked it up to a card reader by my bed. Now all I have to do is to take the SD card out of the cpap and put it in the card reader which is 6 inches away. At night I just reverse the procedure.

Here is a link to the length limit of USB cables. [commercial link removed.. instead, search Google for "USB Cable Length Limitations And How To Break Them"]

Car54

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----
Post Reply Post Reply
Can you delete files or format disk via wifi.

I understand you would not want to do this using the card to store CPAP data, but I was wondering if I could use one on a trail camera.

What about range, clearly there are many variables but a rough guide would be useful.
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-13-2017, 10:10 AM)Phill Wrote: Can you delete files or format disk via wifi.

I understand you would not want to do this using the card to store CPAP data, but I was wondering if I could use one on a trail camera.

What about range, clearly there are many variables but a rough guide would be useful.
Thanks

Hi there, Have a few SGI cams on the property, and these cards do have some benefits. Though it's not all cake and roses. They require power to create the hot spot and be used. So if your trail cams run off battery you need to time them out so they don't kill the batteries. Timing them out means they'll need to be powered back up to get them used which usually means opening the trail cam anyway. For most trail cams and these cards it's a buy and try YMMV so it's hard unless someone knows what your using, and or is using your exact setup. There are some really good cell cams, and wifi game cams we've been looking at lately that work pretty well wireless and some even featuring and aggregated modem that pulls the pictures from up to 10 cams. All with various benefits and drawbacks, I don't even think we've landed on "the one" yet, so much trial and error. Hope some of that helps you. Even if off topic, apologies.

Post Reply Post Reply
The Toshiba Flashair does not necessarily have to create its own wifi hotspot. It can just join an existing wifi network, and that's the way I use mine...
Post Reply Post Reply
I was also was concerned that the daily removal of the SD card from my DreamStation might cause undo wear on the the SD socket. Since things have stabilized fairly well for me I only pull the SD card about once a week to download the data to Sleepyhead. Daily I rely on the bluetooth transfer of the data to the DreamMapper app on my inexpensive Android type smart-phone. It shows if there were any large leaks and gives a breakdown of my AHI. If something seems to be way off I will then download data to Sleepyhead from the SD card.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-13-2017, 01:26 PM)tedgreen Wrote: The Toshiba Flashair does not necessarily have to create its own wifi hotspot. It can just join an existing wifi network, and that's the way I use mine...

Might I ask what version of the card you have? The reason I ask is because one of the most annoying features of the card I had purchased in that old thread is that if you are on a wifi network and want to connect to the card you must disconnect from your network connect to the card and then go back again. It is and was quite an annoyance overall. I always felt they should have made it so it could connect to an existing wifi network as any other device can and then be seen. If that is the case with the new card then I would be interested in trying it again.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SD card backup on PC and new SD card snorin2 0 946 12-05-2022, 01:53 PM
Last Post: snorin2
  CPAP, tent camping & extension cords? chrisiscitrus 13 3,513 05-02-2021, 08:18 PM
Last Post: RNeil
  ResMed S9 SD Card "Invalid SD Card, erase card data?" MAPnea 41 51,018 04-29-2021, 03:42 AM
Last Post: Scobber
  Recommendation on extension cord for international use vroomvroom 4 1,950 05-02-2019, 09:13 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Short tube extension increasing my AHI yankees123 9 1,645 03-22-2019, 09:03 PM
Last Post: Stom
  Extension Cords yenobstev 9 3,122 02-24-2017, 08:42 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Downloading data to SD card of Resmed for nights that SD card not in ResMed machine Robert6 8 9,359 06-19-2015, 09:28 AM
Last Post: estgad

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.