Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SD Card Question
SD Card Question
I have a ResMed S9 vPAP machine that will no longer "boot up" with the original ResMed SD Card installed (I"ve had the machine since 2012). It hangs at the first RESMED logo screen for several seconds and then goes blank and will not start up or respond to any button pressing. I found that by removing the SD Card the machine boots up fine and appears to work normally. If I don't care about logging or using software to track anything, do I really need the SD Card? Can I just leave it out and get on with my life ? Smile

I found in the manual that the SD Card is used for storing settings ? If so, are my settings for pressure & etc. stored on the card, or they in memory in the machine?

please advise
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SD Card Question
I suspect your computer wrote to the card.  The S9 is sensitive to that.  It is normally managed by locking the SD card when reading to prevent this.  This was fixed in the S10.

Windows is a common culprit here.

Anyone have a fix to remove these files.
Post Reply Post Reply
If your S9 does not boot with the SD card inserted, I suspect that the card has gone bad and the S9 is waiting for a response from it. If you aren't collecting data you don't need it anyway. If you wish to see your data, replace the card with one that is 2 to 32 GB in size. It DOES NOT have to be Resmed labeled. Resmed just sticks their label on one that they bought. Any SD or SDHC card from a pharmacy, big box store, or online will work.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with Crimson Nape it sounds to me like the SD card has gone bad, either replace it or just use the machine with it out
Post Reply Post Reply
Actually, the machine failed to boot for two days before I remembered the old laptop had a card reader slot. You're right though. Now that I've used it in the laptop, I did have to remove a hidden system folder. Still fails though.

You guys may have pegged it. System logs on my primary computer show a quick, short power outage on the night it quit. Card is probably corrupted. I'll continue to use the machine without any card until I order CPAP supplies again and see what happens with a new SD Card.

Thanks for all the advice !
Post Reply Post Reply
It may be too corrupted for the Resmed to fix. Try reformatting the card using your computer. It should be a FAT32 format.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Philips SD Card Format Question Crimson Nape 1 234 02-16-2024, 10:23 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Equipment] SD card question and mask leak issue when side sleeping KingsIndian 1 431 10-13-2023, 08:41 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Question: ResMed My Air & SD card rdudley9 2 714 06-04-2023, 11:48 AM
Last Post: larrykay
  SD card backup on PC and new SD card snorin2 0 921 12-05-2022, 01:53 PM
Last Post: snorin2
  SD card question Winterfrost 9 908 09-10-2021, 06:33 PM
Last Post: Winterfrost
  ResMed S9 SD Card "Invalid SD Card, erase card data?" MAPnea 41 50,867 04-29-2021, 03:42 AM
Last Post: Scobber
  question about data card jwells1201 2 1,268 04-29-2019, 03:10 PM
Last Post: Mosquitobait

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.