Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SD Card Slot life expectancy
SD Card Slot life expectancy
Like a lot of us I use Oscar but am worried that the repeated  removing and replacing
the SD card will wear the SD card slot out. Does anyone know how many insertions the
SD slot in a Resmed  aircurve 10 Vauto  is rated for.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SD Card Slot life expectancy
Everything that I can find lists 10,000 mating cycles for the card slot. Experience has proven this to be a very optimistic value for the SD card. Always keep a backup on your computer.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
All of the Air-10 versions are the same hardware platform, so the drives should be the same. I think that the drives themselves would be commodity electronic parts, and so I would expect that it would be the luck of the draw as far as the quality of the component in any particular machine. I don't know if anyone here has experience with replacing a failed drive on an Air-10 or any other machine.

That said, my 2014 A10 autoset is still going strong 7 years later.

The really interesting jailbreak would be to open up one of the "brick" models of ResMed machines to see whether you could attach an SD drive to it. I would expect that you could -- it would be outrageously expensive to pay engineers to design a separate driveless version, and to physically retool your assembly line to produce it, while you could do it much more cheaply if you just left the component out of an otherwise-identical build. (In fact, given the price of that sort of component, it would be completely unsurprising to me if the cheapest way to build a "brick" APAP is to take a full-data APAP and glue the SD-drive door shut.)

The SD cards themselves are cheap crap and should be thought of as disposable as they will wear out.
Post Reply Post Reply
To clarify; All Resmed AirSense 10's hardware is the same for the CPAP (brick) up to the Autoset. The difference is the firmware's active parameters.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Chrimson I am not so concerned now about wearing it out now.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had to remove an SD card from my AIrsense 10 with needle nose pliers.  Did I insert it wrong in the first place?  I want to use Oscar but not sure I  want to put an sd card back in.  Your thoughts?
Post Reply Post Reply
While you're facing the CPAP and the SD slot is on your left, the gold metal pads will be facing away from you (toward the rear of the CPAP) and on the card's right side, so they will be the first edge to enter the slot. Also, the card securing mechanism is a push in to lock in the slot, push again to eject the card, type of design.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
I have one of those Flash Air wifi cards that I wanted to use
but after playing with it for a couple of hrs I just gave up. I
wish someone had a Flash Air Guide For Dummies.
Post Reply Post Reply
E.W.,

There is no shortage of FlashAir setup posts here on the forum. Try the Search link up top in the black ribbon.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Here is another option:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...rd-problem

hope it helps allay your concerns.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad [Symptoms] Traumatic life event. Now I'm waking up every night suffocating. BostonEngineer 9 452 03-03-2024, 12:44 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Life with Knightsbridge Dual Band Chin Strap cmpman1974 21 2,288 02-29-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Columbiabill
  Life of motor exceeded, Resmed S9 Reptile 13 12,447 01-21-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: dwd1249
  [CPAP] CPAP in Silent Mode and Mask Useful life meaning aconti 5 492 12-17-2023, 01:45 PM
Last Post: aconti
  Airsense 10 end of life JamesW 3 686 12-16-2023, 11:05 AM
Last Post: KSMatthew
  [Treatment] Waking up worse despite multiple changes, life feels awful davigalindo 10 1,015 10-26-2023, 07:56 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Motor Life Exceeded, at 21,900 hours Aircurve 10 Vauto Sleeprider 52 7,510 10-08-2023, 02:21 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.