Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SD Card and O2 Ring questions
SD Card and O2 Ring questions
I just started CPAP Wednesday night 10-25-2023. I have a few questions. The MyAir app tells me nothing useful so I need some help.

The doctors did not put in an SD card because the ResMed 11 AirSense automatically uploads to the cloud.

1). If I put in an SD card, will the machine still upload the data to the cloud. I want to be able to call the Dr and have them do a download so I dont have to take the SD card into the office.

2). I use an O2 ring. I love it. Its simple. Its non invasive. Its accurate (for me). I want to use the O2 Ring data and compare it to the data that I get from an SD card in my CPAP machine to help me make adjustments that improve my success rate. Can I upload the data from my ViHealth app to OSCAR, along with the data I will get from my AirSense 11 SD card and easily correlate them in that software?

I appreciate your time guys. 

I am 45 and just found out I have had apnea my entire life and didnt even know it. I really want this to work but I am struggling to dial things in. Each night I solve another issue.

First night was horrible. I assume thats the case for most people. I woke up every hour or two for different reasons related to the machine/mask.

Next night was much better but I didnt realize the humidifier was empty already so my mouth was so dry I almost died.

Last night there was major condensation in the tube and mask. I water boarded myself to prevent dry mouth again.

Tonight I will make further adjustment to eliminate the water in the tube and mask.

I am not experiencing the extra energy everyone else claims to get with CPAP therapy. I assume this takes time and it will come once I get a decent nights rest when this machine stops waking me up all night. 

The MyAir app is useless. I need to see graphs of my data so I can see what's actually happening at night. I dont trust doctors to really pay attention to the data. I think most of them are on auto pilot. I have to point things out to them they should be investigating/asking questions about on thier own.

My nurse was awesome though. She spent almost two hours with me trying on different masks and going over the machine settings with me.

I look forward to interacting with this community. Thanks again to everyone who took the time to read this novel.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SD Card and O2 Ring questions
Hi SirFency! - Welcome
The use of an SD card does not affect any other data reporting. Based on your AS11, any SD card from 2GB up to 128GB will work.

ViHealth stores all its data in a SQL database. In order to extract this data into a binary file, you will need to view the data before transferring it to your computer. Below is the Wiki that describes the steps required.

Viatom/Wellue file import: https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.ph...ile_Import

As far as transferring the data, you will use either a USB cable to connect your ViHealth device to your PC, or use a data transfer app. Apps like Google Drive, or an FTP app will work for the transfer step.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would suggest that once you use your CPAP 1 night with the SD card in it to post your detailed daily charts so we can see what is going on. You will be surprised at what we can see in those charts.
Post Reply Post Reply
Awesome! Thank you for the replys. Now that I know it will not override the machines upload to the cloud I will put in an SD card and upload some data to OSCAR.

I put my humidity settings back on auto last night and I am still slightly dry mouthed but not that much worse than without a mask. Its just that if I need to drink water I have to stop the machine, take off the mask, drink water, then put everything back on again. After all that going back to sleep is difficult.
Post Reply Post Reply
One more point on the ViHealth data.  The iPhone, Android, and desktop apps are slightly different.  The iPhone app has three choices for sharing the data for an individual session: pdf, csv, and binary.  The files shared with the binary choice will import directly into OSCAR.  The android app only has two choices for sharing data: pdf and csv.  So if you have an android phone app or the desktop app, you need to locate and prepare the binary files as Red stated.
Post Reply Post Reply
On the O2ring - I use the viatom account and backup to the cloud. Then on the computer I have the O2 app from them and sync from the cloud. This means I just need to sync the ring to my tablet when I wake up and put it on the charge.

Then, I carry the card from the pap machine down with me and import it into Oscar. Once the pap data is imported and you have done a sync with the cloud for the O2 data you import that. Make sure to do the imports in that order - if your ring time is drifty it helps to do the pap data first.

If your ring time does drift - from the app on tablet or cell you can tell it 'restore factory defaults' and it will sync up the time. This wipes any data on the ring, but if you have already offloaded it for the day you don't loose anything.
Post Reply Post Reply
This is amazingly helpful guys. Thank you so much!

When I get home from work today I am going to download and set up OSCAR. I am going to transfer last night's data from my CPAP SD card into a folder on my computer where I can easily organize and keep track of the data. I'm pretty annal about how I orginize stuff. I like it to be very clear where my data is, what that data is, and when the data was collected. I may even back it up on google drive just in case my hard drive fails (I have lost a few over the years). I will do the same with my O2 ring data.

Once I have all that organized I will bring the data into OSCAR and generate the charts for you guys to look at.

I have been tracking my O2 levels with the ring for about a month. I bought it to see if I actually had an O2 issue before calling a doctor about a sleep study. Spoiler alert! I did.

I just implemented the SD card last night in my CPAP machine. I can share the previous O2 data from the ring but I don't know how much that will help without the actual breathing data from the CPAP. Please let me know.

Quick question. When I do generate the charts for you guys, do I just post them to this same thread or should I create a new thread?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SleepHQ O2 Ring Alarm waking me up MurrayApnea 2 228 Today, 12:31 AM
Last Post: MurrayApnea
  New to CSA/What questions laokg 6 113 Yesterday, 11:50 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  EPR questions juniper 7 305 04-19-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New - so many questions Matsu1 7 426 04-18-2024, 04:44 PM
Last Post: Matsu1
  Surgery questions sarahsleeps 8 220 04-16-2024, 10:01 AM
Last Post: coffee9724
Question [Equipment] How does the CSV extract from Wellue SpO2 ring look like? Ayush Shrivastava 2 171 04-05-2024, 09:50 AM
Last Post: Ayush Shrivastava
Question [Equipment] Airsense 11 Questions tblaster 2 185 04-02-2024, 12:35 PM
Last Post: tblaster

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.