Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SD Card error on re-insertion
SD Card error on re-insertion
I pulled my card this morning and locked it.
Read it into software. I should add that I properly ejected the card.
Then, unlocked the card and re-inserted it.
Normally I would see a message about reading the SD card for a few seconds... today, it flashed a message about an SD card error and something about reformatting. It was too quick for me to read exactly.

How can I check to see if my card is now corrupted?
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SD Card error on re-insertion
(06-15-2014, 02:03 PM)justMongo Wrote: How can I check to see if my card is now corrupted?
I've no idea about stuff like that but same thing happened to me, removed the card, tried again and the machine read the card as usual
Have you tried the unplugging trick
Post Reply Post Reply
Mongo, something happened to the card that the Resmed doesn't like. Go ahead and let it reformat it. No lasting damage or significant loss of data will occur.

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-15-2014, 05:13 PM)retired_guy Wrote: Mongo, something happened to the card that the Resmed doesn't like. Go ahead and let it reformat it. No lasting damage or significant loss of data will occur.
the machine write compliance and therapy data up to 365 days on the card but detailed data will get lost, not a big deal as you have already downloaded all data on your computer
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-15-2014, 05:11 PM)zonk Wrote: I've no idea about stuff like that but same thing happened to me, removed the card, tried again and the machine read the card as usual
Have you tried the unplugging trick

It did read on second attempt. I again pulled it out again, and looked at its contents. In the data folder, all files looked like they have the correct modified date. The other files look like they were modified today. Original file dates still say 2009.

I checked it near local noon... I think I'll stay away from noon.
I checked all settings in the clinical menu; and all is right. I did note the internal clock had drifted by about 7 minutes since DST changed.

I just hope I'm not going to find I am back in the buggered mode where it doesn't record. I guess I should pull the power plug a few minutes.
Admin Note:

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
The "around noon" thing could have been the problem.

I'm not big on the "unplug for an hour and plug back in" thing. I tried it once and the machine thought I had put it on "time out." Feeling unjustly punished, it vowed to get even the next night. ............so from now on it's "nice machine, nice machine... don't bite the nose, little machine."
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-15-2014, 05:37 PM)retired_guy Wrote: The "around noon" thing could have been the problem.
Possible.

(06-15-2014, 05:37 PM)retired_guy Wrote: I'm not big on the "unplug for an hour and plug back in" thing. I tried it once and the machine thought I had put it on "time out." Feeling unjustly punished, it vowed to get even the next night. ............so from now on it's "nice machine, nice machine... don't bite the nose, little machine."

These machines are intended to be used while traveling; so, constant power should not be required when not in use.

I used the built-in reader on my computer -- I have the worst luck with that reader. I'm going to insert the SD card into my SanDisk reader first, then plug that into a USB port.
Admin Note:

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
It seems the Resmed SD cards can be temperamental. When I had my S9 I sometimes had to insert/remove the card a half dozen or more times before it accepted it. Sometimes unplugging it before removal and plugging back in after reinserting the card helped, sometimes not. I was always more persistent than the machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
To keep my S9 in the dark concerning my card removal/reinsertion actions, I always turn the machine off before removal and turn it on again after insertion. So far, so good...except on the two occasions when I failed to lock the card before letting Windows 8.1 mess with it.
Post Reply Post Reply
SITREP -- well, at least it didn't cause it to enter an odd mode. The LCD reports an AHI of 1.8 for the night.
So, looks like all is well.
Admin Note:

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New User - Mask Seal Error WJ5596 6 333 02-12-2024, 02:57 PM
Last Post: WJ5596
Gross DreamStation Error Front Panel drouou 2 184 02-10-2024, 04:17 PM
Last Post: drouou
  Error 1 Rafael Bezerra 1 324 12-20-2023, 09:00 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Airsense 11. Heating system error Jskier 3 6,148 12-12-2023, 11:30 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Equipment] Resvent iBreeze 25STA error code: 609 Mic0228 0 761 09-24-2023, 08:18 AM
Last Post: Mic0228
  Does a Large Leak Cause An AHI Error? BlueSky1958 3 812 07-19-2023, 06:07 PM
Last Post: Jeff8356
Question [Equipment] Puritan bennet Goodknight 420g error In1 help Somniculosus 13 13,906 06-02-2023, 07:35 PM
Last Post: Kaao

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.