Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SD Card for Dreamstation?
SD Card for Dreamstation?
Having taken delivery yesterday of my new-to-me Dreamstation Auto, from secondwindcpap, I find that there is no supplied SD card.  What should I be looking for in an SD card.  Can I use the HC ones?  what class (4, 6, 10?) and what capacity is best?

Thanks in advance for all suggestions.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SD Card for Dreamstation?
SDHC 4 to 32 GB formatted at FAT32
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Any SD card should be fine as long as it's under 32GB. Brands do not matter at all.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks guys. Decided to use an old 8GB until I can get myself to the shop for a new one. Doesnt the machine reformat the card anyway, to its own format? Mine was previously formatted to a camera, and the DS didnt seem to care, it just went ahead and did its thing.

How long should I leave the 8GB before downloading to sleepyhead? Do people do that daily?
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-20-2018, 12:23 AM)Kyteflyer Wrote: Thanks guys.  Decided to use an old 8GB until I can get myself to the shop for a new one.  Doesnt the machine reformat the card anyway, to its own format?  Mine was previously formatted to a camera, and the DS didnt seem to care, it just went ahead and did its thing.

How long should I leave the 8GB before downloading to sleepyhead?  Do people do that daily?

From what I know, the CPAP machine will do the formatting of the SD. I am not sure if that route of formatting will enable full access to the entire SD storage area though. It may leave some old data on the card. If it does that, a reformat via your PC to FAT32 should fix it.

If you want settings assist, you can do daily sleepyhead uploads and screenshots to this thread, if you want to. For your personal use on sleepyhead, you can update the info whenever you want, be it daily, weekly or whatever. It seems some get into a daily routine of doing that.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I *think* that CPAP is supposed to ship with a card. Check the manual. If so, call the supplier and ask about it. It might save you a few doubloons.
Post Reply Post Reply
Kyteflyer, some people look at data daily, at least initially. I look at mine probably less than once per month. It's your decision. Once you load the data on your computer, just put the card back in the machine and new data will be appended to the old file directories. It's pretty simple. Look at it when you need to know.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dreamstation not writing on card? Raven87 5 96 04-13-2024, 05:45 PM
Last Post: Raven87
  Dreamstation 2 SD card size? MontanaGoat 2 734 08-18-2023, 12:28 PM
Last Post: MontanaGoat
  [Equipment] What format for SD Card for Dreamstation 2 ttfespe 9 6,091 02-13-2023, 10:20 PM
Last Post: KSMike
  SD card backup on PC and new SD card snorin2 0 947 12-05-2022, 01:53 PM
Last Post: snorin2
  Dreamstation 1 to Dreamstation 2 - hardly any water use Lazagna 4 1,761 10-22-2022, 06:59 PM
Last Post: Tampa Jim
  [CPAP] Dreamstation 2 vs. Dreamstation 1 Pressure FOMO 2 1,566 09-18-2022, 07:59 PM
Last Post: FOMO
  How to get Oscar data from Dreamstation without SD Card SnoreFreeIWish 1 1,024 07-12-2022, 02:25 PM
Last Post: pholynyk

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.