Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SD Card for the Resmed line of machines
SD Card for the Resmed line of machines
Is there anything special about the SD Cards ??

I broke mine !! This is the first card that I have broken in all the years of computing! And have not even had one corrupted either, so they must be of very poor quality!

yep .. I sure did.. took it out of the machine this morning and as I always do I locked the SD Card so it couldn't be written to. Or at least I attempted to. The tiny little tab that you slide well it broke off and fell on the table. Hummmm, what to do ?? put it in the computer and it won't read it, put it back into machine and it says to unlock the card. Its broke, called the DME and they gave me a new one I picked it up as was near their shop this afternoon anyway.

It appears I lost last nights information as can't find anything for it . Checked to make sure all the settings hadn't changed and all looks good.

But am wondering if there isn't anything special about them .. If not I think I will go get a 2 gig SD card of better quality and use it!

So can other brands of SD Cards be used and is there a limit on the size of the card that can be used. It says a 2 gig will hold 365 days of entries so will a 4 or 8 gig card hold 2 or 4 years worth??
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SD Card for the Resmed line of machines
Nope, nothing special about them. Any 2GB SDCard will work fine.

Post Reply Post Reply
I already have a 4 gig card will it work also ?? and would the card need to be formatted in the computer first ??
Post Reply Post Reply
A 4 GB will work. There may be an issue with SDHC cards.
The machine will format the card if needed.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
1GB SD card all you need, larger size is not necessary better
The maximum data stored on the card: 365 days of everyday data, 30 days of detailed data and 7 days of flow data

Generic cards are cheaper, I've always used ResMed SD card, cost double but still using the same card for over 4 years
Post Reply Post Reply
I wonder if you can pop open that "locked" card and somehow put that thing back in long enough to get the data from that one night?
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-13-2014, 06:07 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: I wonder if you can pop open that "locked" card and somehow put that thing back in long enough to get the data from that one night?

Should be able to. Might have to use tape to keep it closed afterwards. But I guess, for him, it doesn't matter if it doesn't work.
Post Reply Post Reply
DME tried to pop it open and slide the tab down but it didn't work.. But think he slide the knife he was using too far in and messed up the circuit I think .. anyway it didn't work and I only lost one day so can live with that.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you haven't otherwise damaged it, you can just place a piece if scotch tape across the groove where the switch used to be and it will perform as an unlocked card. Be careful the tape doesn't get on the contact area.

As long as the side is completely closed, the computer will treat it as unlocked because there is no electrical circuit in the card. The slide just functions to close the groove, the same as you will be doing with the scotch tape. The actual switch mechanism is located in your computer SD port. There is just a tiny switch arm that falls down into the card groove when it is in the locked position.
Post Reply Post Reply
That tab is not an electrical switch. It's merely a tab that a feeler in the reader detects to prevent writing to the card... much the same as those sliding locks on 3.5 inch floppy disks. Some software came on floppies with those tabs removed to prevent overwrite.

You can use a sharp blade to cut that little tab off an SD card; and it will be permanently write protected.

Breaking the tab this morning should not have prevented reading that one day of data with a computer.
A broken tab will forever prevent writing to the card.

Edit: And the scotch tape trick should work if the card was not damaged by trying to open it with a knife.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  csa machines cexer 1 73 03-20-2024, 01:43 PM
Last Post: cexer
  ResMed 10 Card-to-Cloud: no cellular device NelsonM 20 3,035 03-14-2024, 10:08 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 225 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
Question ResMed AirSense 10 SD Card reuse? uselessdetails 3 410 02-16-2024, 02:51 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  [Equipment] Resmed Airsense 11 SD Card? Dawg 1 259 02-11-2024, 09:01 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Returning defective machines to Philips Respironics big_dave 5 671 02-04-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: big_dave
  Resmed airsense 10 auto set card to cloud chronic 4 389 02-02-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: chronic

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.