Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SD Card from my Resmed S9 Elite won't work in replacement S9 Autoset
SD Card from my Resmed S9 Elite won't work in replacement S9 Autoset
Hi everyone.
 My Resmed S9 Elite started giving me the dreaded "Motor Life Exceeded" message so I replaced it with what I thought was the same model (one never used). I only realized it was an AutoSet model when I turned it on and it didn't recognize the SD card. What can I do to get it to work? I do have the Resmed software on an old computer. Is there a way for me to write down the data and then reformat the card for the Autoset and plug in my old information?
Thanks
Todd
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SD Card from my Resmed S9 Elite won't work in replacement S9 Autoset
Just format the SD card using a FAT32 format. It should work.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks to this site I found out how to get into the configuration menu. I programmed it to match the settings on my old machine. Pressed the start button and the motor made a growling noise for about 5 seconds and the unit shut off. It will not turn back on. So.. it appears I was sold a defective machine.  Huh

Is there some sort of fuse in these machines? I found a teardown thread and perhaps something was stuck in the blower and overloaded the system?
Post Reply Post Reply
That doesn't sound like a healthy PAP. I'd be calling the seller and requesting a refund or a replacement.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I contacted the seller (who lives in another province) and got the ol' "it worked when I had it" and "Take it to a sleep shop"....
Post Reply Post Reply
Was this a company? Feel free to name a company that's selling poor, possible faulty products. Just no web or other links.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah no, that's not good enough. If the first time you turned it on, it did that, they sold you a dud. If they won't refund you, I'd recommend chasing it through your bank, credit card, or whatever payment source you used.
Post Reply Post Reply
It was a private sale. I don't think I have much recourse as the seller could blame the mail system even though it was well packaged. The seller lived in another province so I had a friend pick it up (pay cash) and he mailed it to me. I noticed it only had 4 hours of use on it. I'm going to take it apart and see if there's anything obvious like an obstruction in the blower which may have caused the fuse to blow. Wish me luck!
Post Reply Post Reply
4 hours of use?

There are user hours, then there are blower hours... do you know how many blower (machine) hours are on the Cpap?

Good luck tearing down and let us know what you find.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Agree with Opal. Make sure to check the blower hours in the clinical menu, not just the user hours. Good luck... I hope it's not a turkey. Did your friend try turning it on to see if it started up?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 27 507 46 minutes ago
Last Post: Old Steve
  Tech Nerds-think this battery setup will work for Transcend Micro? johnbrain 7 115 Yesterday, 10:29 AM
Last Post: johnbrain
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 125 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,258 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Not using water in AirSense 10 Elite Nishimark 2 96 03-21-2024, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Nishimark
  HDM Z1 Battery Replacement Ephraim 10 1,829 03-17-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: breinersj
  ResMed S9 AutoSet and OSCAR - Help Appreciated Slippy 12 488 03-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Slippy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.