Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SD Card lost information
Exclaimation 
SD Card lost information
After reading my information of off the sd card for my cpap something went wrong. When I installed it back into the machine, it said wrong card/reformat as if the card was empty. I suppose to take the sd card to my sleep clinic next week and nothing is there. Any advice.....The dog ate it?Huhsign
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SD Card lost information
It's fine Ice.. Let the machine reformat the card. All the data will then be automatically re-written to the card by the Resmed, with the exception of the detailed graph stuff. That stuff is only retained on the card for 7 days anyhow, so in a week everything will be fully repopulated.

But all the compliance stuff will be intact.

What happened? You're running Windows 8.1. That version of our most excellent and cherished operating system likes to write a little file on the card when you stick it in the machine. There are ways to keep it from doing that, and ways to delete the file if it has done that. But the easiest way is to set the lock "on" on the side of the sdcard before you stick it in the computer. That will keep your card from having unprotected se--- er, communication with Windows 8.1.

But for now don't worry about it, all is well.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-26-2014, 10:59 AM)IceCold Wrote: After reading my information of off the sd card for my cpap something went wrong.

please update your equipment listeing, 'ipx1' is an international rating for "intrusion protection", ie, keeping fingers and water out of moving bits inside.

look over the power button for the model, and update accordingly please.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi IceCold,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
OK.....After the machine reformat the sd card it will put back all my data, if i'm understanding you correctly. When I go to the sleep clinic they are able to go back 3 months to check compliance, pressure settings, and air leaks etc. They sleep clinic at the VA is a joke always trying to configure someway to kick you out of the program. There should be noway to tell that I opened the reading on card, if so oh well. Thanks for everyone's input and help. This forum is full of valuable information, and I have told several individuals about it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-26-2014, 12:52 PM)IceCold Wrote: OK.....After the machine reformat the sd card it will put back all my data, if i'm understanding you correctly. When I go to the sleep clinic they are able to go back 3 months to check compliance, pressure settings, and air leaks etc. They sleep clinic at the VA is a joke always trying to configure someway to kick you out of the program. There should be noway to tell that I opened the reading on card, if so oh well. Thanks for everyone's input and help. This forum is full of valuable information, and I have told several individuals about it.

Yes, all your compliance data resides in the machine itself and will be copied back out to the sdcard automatically.

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your VA sleep clinic. I have been very pleased with my VA clinic. Seems to be a lot of variance across the country with the VA systems. But that's true of regular docs and hospitals too. The first thing they told me when they handed me the S9 was "This is your machine now. We will not accept it back." Thought that was kind of a strange thing to say but now I understand where they're coming from.

As far as your looking at your data is concerned? It's your data. When I go see my sleep lab people I print out some of the Sleepyhead reports and take them with me. They were very impressed that I could actually do that.

The whole thing comes down to patient responsibility, and the willingness of all the parties for that to be the reality. With my VA system that is very much stressed as the normal. I hope that is true with yours as well.

Post Reply Post Reply
SD Card lost information
Not ALL of your data will be recovered when you put the card in, but the compliance data will be. The compliance data is also stored on the machine and can be read off of the display. You might take your machine with you to your appointment, or bring it and leave it in the car. There's also some other data about apnea that may or may not be recovered, I forget exactly what gets saved in this case.

SD cards have never been reliable, even if you don't put it in your PC. Just act dumb.

If you turn off "system protection" for the SD card in Windows, supposedly this will prevent Windows 8.1 from eating the card.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
That's my plan....It must have fell out of my book bag when I pulled out my wallet or something....They will issue me a new one with current setting from their master system.. Thanks....Awesome!
Post Reply Post Reply
All data with the exception of the detailed graphical data will be recovered. ..and the detailed graphical data will repopulate one day at a time over the next 7 days.

But yes, by all means you should always take your machine with you when you go for your VA appointments.
Post Reply Post Reply
I copy off the data from time to time and keep it on my PC - I can then reload it onto a different SD card and take that to my sleep doc......
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Lost weight, no doc, can't get my settings right... japesinjapan 9 270 03-21-2024, 01:52 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
Question Started CPAP treatment - Would like advice on my sleep study and OSCAR information Mythique 27 2,795 01-16-2024, 05:38 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Information About Knightbridge Dual Chin Strap - IMPORTANT cmpman1974 0 440 12-13-2023, 12:31 AM
Last Post: cmpman1974
  Lost Red Pressure Graph Line ejbpesca 5 368 11-09-2023, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Meaning of information on "Sleep Report" Resmed Aircurve Auto fredhaddock 3 481 11-05-2023, 10:39 AM
Last Post: pholynyk
  Humidifier - Basic information nobody writes about fotjon 1 602 10-15-2023, 02:52 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Question about how AirSense 10 acquires information. paulag1955 5 455 10-07-2023, 04:25 PM
Last Post: paulag1955

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.