Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SD Card not working!
SD Card not working!
I am on holidays so I am turning my resmed machine on and off a lot, and wondered if that has made my SD card come up with "Invalid SD card, erase card data?" and it says Yes/NO are you sure? If I say no, it says remove SD card..... or is the card full maybe?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SD Card not working!
(12-12-2012, 08:02 AM)Ulrika Wrote: I am on holidays so I am turning my resmed machine on and off a lot, and wondered if that has made my SD card come up with "Invalid SD card, erase card data?" and it says Yes/NO are you sure? If I say no, it says remove SD card..... or is the card full maybe?

Hi Ulrika,

The problem you describe has happened to me, so now I am very careful when powering the machine off.

I think it is safest to turn the machine completely off (by holding down the power button about 5 seconds, which is about a full second longer than after the screen momentarily flashes as it turns off), and then I pull the power cord out of the power supply (don't pull the power cord out of the back of the machine), and then I wait a couple seconds again, until the power button momentarily flashes when the machine uses up the last of the power in the power supply, and now it is safe to remove the data card, etc.

Before plugging in the machine, I first make sure the power supply is unplugged, and the power cord is firmly installed in the back of the machine, and (last) I plug in the power cord to the power supply, using a firm and quick motion.

If the power is plugged in too slowly, the power to the machine sometimes intermittently connects and disconnects a few times (very bad!) as I plug in the power cord. So I use a quick and fluid motion when plugging in the the power cord.

Take care,
--- Vaughn

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-12-2012, 08:02 AM)Ulrika Wrote: I am on holidays so I am turning my resmed machine on and off a lot, and wondered if that has made my SD card come up with "Invalid SD card, erase card data?" and it says Yes/NO are you sure? If I say no, it says remove SD card..... or is the card full maybe?
the S9 manual say before removing the card to disconnect machine from power outlet
its best to wait few minutes before unplugging machine
its common issue with the invalid message, I always say Yes to erase data
for me nothing lost as detailed data already downloaded on computer
the machine after erasing the card will write summary and stats data on the card
the card never get full, machine just write the most recent data on the card up to 365 days of stats and compliance data, 30 days and 7 days of high flow data
if you don,t want to loose any high flow data ... download at least once in 7 days and make sure to select "all available data"

Post Reply Post Reply

Ulrika,

Something was corrupted on your card, it happens occasionally, just say Yes and let it re-format the card, when you say No it tells you to remove the card because it cannot write data to it in its current state.

You can't fill the 1-GB card up, it only stores the last 7, 30 & 365 days worth of data so it's constantly removing the oldest data FIFO respective to the 3 types it stores.

It is not necessary to turn the machine off before removing the SD card but you should wait a few minutes after turning it off when you wake up to allow the buffer to write the session data to the card and then either hold the power button down 3 seconds to completely power-down or just unplug the device to pack-up.

Have fun on your holiday!Cool

Ren
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-12-2012, 03:26 PM)zonk Wrote: the S9 manual say before removing the card to disconnect machine from power outlet

Zonk,

We wrote almost the same thing at the same time, I thought I clicked Post Message when the microwave was beeping, but I came back from the kitchen 30 minutes later and it was still sitting in my browser un-posted. Oh-jeez

The S9 manual also says a lot of stuff that nobody actually follows, I have yet to see a computer manual that says to power-it-off before inserting a memory card into a built-in memory card reader, it's not necessary, they were designed to be inserted and removed with the power ON but with the one caveat that the device or computer not be actively writing to the card, it's been this way for the last 12 years that I've been using memory cards.

Ren

Post Reply Post Reply
thank you for your input... I ended up just saying yes and it cleared the data and worked again... I am not checking my stats that much while away and it is only a rented unit atm so not that worried about loosing data. I was more worried about it not letting me turn the machine on. My AHI has been consistently really good occasionally it's just over 1 but mostly under - I can almost predict by the night I have had what my AHI will be! I am going to be buying my own machine when I get home from holidays Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-12-2012, 05:34 PM)Ulrika Wrote: I was more worried about it not letting me turn the machine on.

Ulrika,

You don't need to worry, you can actually just remove the card and the S9 will function perfectly "without" it.

You only have to keep the card inserted for it to be able to record the high resolution data, it will still write any unwritten compliance data from the machine's NVRAM when you do insert a card if it wasn't already on the card.

Ren

Post Reply Post Reply
I think it helps to not pull the card out too soon after turning the machine off for the day.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Machine and settings not working snapperzz 3 93 03-26-2024, 02:10 AM
Last Post: snapperzz
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 367 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  25 years of cpap, and still not working good Johan van der veen 2 175 03-08-2024, 10:15 AM
Last Post: Johan van der veen
Question SD Formatting and OSCAR not working smallhandsfeeding 2 199 02-02-2024, 03:24 PM
Last Post: smallhandsfeeding
  [Equipment] 12 months of therapy. Tried several masks/nothing working Tiredkiwi 5 492 12-30-2023, 11:15 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  [Treatment] new to this - is it working? human 7 570 11-04-2023, 11:45 AM
Last Post: human
  Dreamstation 1 APAP Function Not Working? gary w 4 529 10-12-2023, 12:37 PM
Last Post: gary w

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.