Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

When to mask-on
When to mask-on
How do you do it....mask-on and getting ready for bed
Does it help you to sleep better

Usually I put the mask on, turn light out and go to sleep but on occasion watched tv in bed and falling asleep mask-less. Oops

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: When to mask-on
I usually get the humiderfier warming-up , put some lavender essential oil on a cotton patch next to the filter air intake, make sure that the hose and make are not twisted and then go to sleep.
"Goodnight Chesty wherever you are!"
Post Reply Post Reply
This has been the bane of my fiancee's existence since I got my CPAP machine. There are many times where I am 'waiting' until I get sleepy to put on my mask and then fall asleep and SNOOOOOORE!

So what I've done is created a schedule. I fill up my tank, start it to warm up, then I take my pills, get changed for bed and lay down. When my S9 lights up to say that the warmer is done warming, the mask goes on, then my chin strap. By the time I get everything secured to my head, my fiancee wants to kill me and I'm just exhausted from wrapping things around my head!

Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
I see that I'm not alone in sometimes getting into bed and "resting up for sleep" but in fact falling asleep before I've put on the mask! I wake up knowing this is not what should happen and feel a little guilty. So, I've been training myself to get hooked up when I first get in bed despite not always wanting to do so.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,525 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Resmed P30i pillow mask user unable to get beyond 1.5 hr on mask Roy289 28 3,207 09-27-2022, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Roy289
  Advice for f and p vitera mask leaks full face mask accetableplaintain 2 3,747 03-23-2022, 09:37 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Help with mask, Definition of EPAP/IPAP and Mask Pressure wesozzzz 1 1,093 11-15-2019, 07:57 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  What's the mask setting of Dreamstation for Bleep DreamPort mask? ChinaMan 5 2,423 10-11-2019, 07:17 PM
Last Post: ChinaMan
  Changing mask from p10 resmed to philips respironics: Mask seal issue Visitor 10 4,830 10-11-2019, 07:25 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Personal Experience On Nasal Mask Compared with Full Face Mask ramphil2019 19 4,528 04-07-2019, 12:01 AM
Last Post: ramphil2019

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.