Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SD Card
SD Card
Can I use a generic SD card on an Resmed S9 Auto. I am planning to restore a used machine to factory reset. I do not have the original SD card.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SD Card
Yes, any card of the appropriate type will work.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Any SD card will work, however, depending on the machine's firmware, it may not accept an SDHC, which are now more generally available. I understand that at least one machine made within the last 18 months does accept SDHC, so, as I said, it will depend on your machine's firmware.
Breathing keeps you alive. And PAP helps keep you breathing!
Post Reply Post Reply
If he puts in a SDHC and it does not work, would it ruin the card or simply not see it?
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-11-2012, 12:23 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: If he puts in a SDHC and it does not work, would it ruin the card or simply not see it?

It would simply not see it, or write to it. A non-event.

Edit: When an SDHC card is inserted in an S9 autoset which accepts that version of the card, the screen will immediately display something like "preparing SD card" or words to that effect. Of course, the machine must be "on". :grin: If it doesn't, it is unlikely that anything will record on that card.
Breathing keeps you alive. And PAP helps keep you breathing!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi jimjam
Also make sure the "Sleep Quality" in the clinical menu is set to ON not usage otherwise no data get recorded and the SD card in unlocked position inserted in the S9 prior going to bed.
FYI: S9 AutoSet is full data capable machine shows efficacy data and the S9 Escape Auto is not full data capable it only shows AHI (no breakdown AI, HI, CAI) and no leak info either or some of the other features.
Welcome
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks guys. Very helpful.
Post Reply Post Reply
On April 3 I got a Respironics System One with A-Flex from the DME on the prescription from my doc. It came with a 2GB SD card. I returned the machine, but kept the card. I bought a used machine (same model) on a local Craigslist, and it came with another 2GB SD card. Now I use a plain 4GB SanDisk SD card that I got from Fry's for $3.99. The SanDisk is actually a micro SD card in a mini adapter. The only difference is that SleepyHead takes a long time to read the SanDisk card.

There really is no reason for me to use the SanDisk, except that I have been using it for several days now, so it has all the latest data on it. The amount of data for each night's sleep is only a few bytes, so a 2GB card will last ages.

If you put a blank SD card in the machine the screen says something like "transferring data" for a while, after which the card is ready. What the machine transfers is the folder format and some basic files that the machine will be looking for. The machine does not reformat the card; it just puts the necessary beginning files and folders on it. Having said that, I once tried a card from my Android phone and the machine puked it up. I don't think it liked the Android/Linux filesystem.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have also used one type of PRS1 machine for several nights, took the card out and put it in a different model PRS1 machine, and then went on using that machine. Data from both machines coexists nicely on the card, and is read by SleepyHead with no problems.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SD card backup on PC and new SD card snorin2 0 921 12-05-2022, 01:53 PM
Last Post: snorin2
  ResMed S9 SD Card "Invalid SD Card, erase card data?" MAPnea 41 50,867 04-29-2021, 03:42 AM
Last Post: Scobber
  Downloading data to SD card of Resmed for nights that SD card not in ResMed machine Robert6 8 9,326 06-19-2015, 09:28 AM
Last Post: estgad
  Forgot to put card back in machine, is there a way to copy it from machine to card? Marnid2014 6 6,249 04-06-2014, 08:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.