Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SD Cards - backup [SOLVED] Post 11
SD Cards - backup [SOLVED] Post 11
My SD card in my ResMed AirSense 10 VAUTO may be heading south.. maybe not.
However, I'd like to have a backup.
My current SD Card says Resmed on it..

Is there anything special about those cards (other than the label)?  I have a few SanDisk cards for computer backup.
Can I use one of those?  If so, do they have to be formatted for the PAP?  It seems when I remove the current one and put it back it does some magic
It says "Preparing Disk Do Not Remove"

Thanks for any help.. Bill
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SD Cards
They are just standard SD cards. Anything from 2GB to 32GB will work fine. They come formatted as FAT32, but if you have been using one for other things you may want to check the format, or let the xPAP machine format it for you.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Jeff.. back again..

I put a newly opened/unused SanDisk 16gb disk.. unlocked into my machine and let the machine do it's magic.. When finished, I put on my mask and took a 30 minute nap.

Locked it and brought it to my computer.. Computer found it and I tried to open it with Oscar..  I can open Welcome and Profile but not open the Daily which 'should' have the data for my 30 minute rest.  Here is the Oscar screen as an attachment.

I looked and there are some files on the disk.. but likely not the correct ones.

Do I have to format something or ???

Thanks for any help.. again

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
It looks to me like you didn't import the data on the SD card. Opening OSCAR does not automatically find and read the card, you have to click on the CPAP Importer button (the big SD card on the left in the centre).
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I actually did.. I followed my normal process for reading data... When I click on the SD Card.. you can see the bar moving across and finish.. but when I click on Daily.. there is nothing there.  However.  The card actually has something on it from today... 
Here it is..  But, I know nothing about what these files are..:

Post Reply Post Reply
I thought I could add another two screen shots to this message.. but I guess I have to do multiple replies..

Final screen shot.. for the moment

Post Reply Post Reply
If you are selecting the import location yourself - OSCAR should find it automatically (unless this is its first use) - you have to select the SD card, not any of the folders found on it.

What operating system are you using? If Windows, tell OSCAR to select the drive letter associated with the SD card.
If Mac or Linux, select the volume name associated with the SD card.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
After your click "Import" the screen should open asking where you want to import from, and have the last import location already listed. It should be something like /Volumes/NO NAME
If this new SD card has a different name you may need to click "Specify" and click the SD card name in the left panel of the Finder window that opens.

No need to reformat it, it's already the correct format out of the package.

Also, have you checked the date on your xPAP machine? Is it correct?

Unless you have an S9 machine, you don't need to lock the card. Yes, your Mac will write hidden files to the SD card but it doesn't matter for the 10 or 11 series. It's just mildly annoying but does no harm.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SD Cards - backup
I prefer to use my MAC which worked well with my initial ResMed card.  Works OK with my PC.. which I'm pretty unfamiliar with.

I gave the card a new Name.. No longer NONE.. It is now RESMED_II

Yes, it is the first import.

Again, when I insert the card in the MAC the card pops up on the desk top.  I don't click on it.. Rather, I click on the OSCAR icon.
OSCAR opens up and I click on the SD Icon.  It appears that something is downloading as I can see the progression bar moving.  That bar is gray.
IIRC, when went through this process with the old ResMed card it had something other than a semi transparent gray.. possibly blue.

In either case.. after it does it's thing..  can click on Profile or Welcome.. but Daily, Overview and Statistics are not clickable.

I looked as best I can and the SD card shows... As mentioned, I'm not computer savvy..

Here is what the SD Card shows.. Beyond what I shared above..  I have no idea if it's important.. but, again.. using it on a MAC.  That said.. the original ResMed card could be read on both the MAC and the PC

I guess I can't post another picture based on guidelines.. However, the disk shows:
Volume; Date Created and Date Modified (yesterday) Format MS-DOS (FAT32) and Capacity as well as Name.. I gave it ResMed II
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR data backup strategy matt2 2 98 03-18-2024, 10:32 AM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Cannot select profile in OSCAR [solved, see post #9] GB San Jose 9 1,494 10-09-2023, 08:24 AM
Last Post: GB San Jose
Question Oscar installation problem [solved, see post #4] Bertrand 3 733 09-19-2023, 12:11 AM
Last Post: Bertrand
  Oscar V 1.5 [screen resolution issues - solved, see post #4] Dannobre 15 1,600 09-10-2023, 06:15 AM
Last Post: pholynyk
  OSCAR - will not open [solved - see post #2] gjstein 4 1,467 08-31-2023, 03:02 AM
Last Post: John7
  OSCAR 1.4.0 not loading [solved, see post #2] clayesq 1 580 08-24-2023, 11:30 AM
Last Post: clayesq
  Oscar Not Loading My Profile [solved, see post #10] mawaw1992 10 1,249 08-22-2023, 06:26 PM
Last Post: SideSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.