Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SD WiFi Replacement
SD WiFi Replacement
I have someone on Reddit who put together an alternative to SD WIFI

SD -> IOS / (Android) phone -> DropBox -> OSCAR

Put an SD card reader (approx $40 on Amazon) in IPhone, reads SD card to DropBox thrn transfers to OSCAR.  Some automation is involved

This prevented him from carrying the SDcard up/down 2 flights and forgetting to put it back in his machine.  He reads the card by his bed and puts it right back in his machine.

If there is interest I'll see if I can get him to post here.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SD WiFi Replacement
That sounds like a reasonable alternative to FlashAir. I would like to take a look at it.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Basically, search for an SD card reader for either an android or iPhone. They are around $13 to $15 on Amazon. You can use an app, FTP Server, or SMB Server, on an android. For an iPhone, I thought I read that it had some networking protocol built in. If not, I think the developer of the Android apps has them for iOS as well. I use the FTP Server app on my Android to upload my Wellue data to my server.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just checked the iOS (Apple) app store. FTP, SMB and SSH are all available apps.

I used an SSH app some years ago and it worked fine.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
I think you're referring to me. It uses iCloud Drive. I posted steps and an automation on Reddit in r/CPAP today to do so via a single tap on an icon on your homescreen. Unfortunately, I can't post it here as my account is too new for links/pictures. The adapter is $29 at Apple. I'm happy for someone that can to copy it here.

While wifi SD cards are difficult to find, it turns out that if you have the SD card adapter for your iPhone or an iPad ($29), you can import your SD card’s data to iCloud Drive and then import from there in OSCAR. With a Shortcut, you can add an icon to your Home Screen so you just pop the SD card in, hit the button, then reinsert it into your CPAP right away.
I’ve tested this on my Mac and it works flawlessly. It should also work in Windows, though.

Steps (this assumes you have iCloud Drive installed if on a PC, or are logged into iCloud on a Mac):

Initial setup:
  1. Put the SD card in the reader, and attach the reader to your phone.

2. Import the following Shortcut (There is a link on Reddit but I can't post links here as my account is too new), or create one yourself with these steps

3. If you import the Shortcut, it should prompt you to select your SD Card to place where this says NO NAME, and the folder you want it to save to in your iCloud Drive where this says OSCAR. Make sure you navigate to your iCloud Drive and not On Your Iphone. You can create a new folder at the top.
  4. Click the icon with three circles in the top right, and select Add to Home Screen.
To import (this is all you have to do subsequently):
  1. Insert the SD card into the reader, and the reader into your phone.

2. Click the Import OSCAR icon on your home screen.

3. After you see the checkbox on the screen saying it succeeded, remove the SD card and put it back into your machine.

4. In OSCAR, on the import screen where it is looking for your SD card, choose Specify Folder and navigate to where you created the folder on your iCloud Drive. After the first run if you let the import thing time out it'll pop up and ask if you want to import from here automatically.

Moderator's Note:
Here is the link to download the shortcut:

https://www.icloud.com/shortcuts/bd5829e...54b7729ea8
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi blhoward2! - Welcome

Good work on providing an additional way to get data to OSCAR. Please PM me with the link and I will see what I can do to get it posted here.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
blhoward2, welcome to Apnea Board!  And thanks for coming here and posting that info!

That is an interesting approach!  Although I do have the WiFi SD card, I am going to try this approach as a backup, just in case.

For the non iPhone/Mac folks.....
"Shortcuts" is a native iPhone app that lets you do interesting things with the apps on your phone.

The SD adapter mentioned is available on the Apple website (Lightning to SD Card Camera Reader).

One question though.... looking at the specs it says compatible with photo and movies type files....  Any issues with the xPAP files being transferred???

Curious to see if this works with Dropbox or Google drive also.

Just ordered the adapter to start tinkering.....
Jeff8356

How to Links:
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-31-2022, 11:04 PM)Jeff8356 Wrote: One question though.... looking at the specs it says compatible with photo and movies type files....  Any issues with the xPAP files being transferred??? 
It doesn’t seem to have an issue. When the sd card reader first came out it only supported photos and movies in the photo app but then Apple exposed it to the Files app a few iOS versions ago. Now you can copy anything to/from. I tried it with both the lightning (iPhone) and usb-c versions (on my iPad) of the Apple adapters. 
I’m sure DropBox and Google would work the same so long as there is an action in Shortcuts to write a file to them. DropBox appears to have one. I’m not sure that I have Google Drive installed on my phone so I can’t tell.
Post Reply Post Reply
blhoward2,

Thanks, good to know.  Should be getting my SD card reader delivered tomorrow.
Jeff8356

How to Links:
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
I only have a few days of data, so I’m curious if the speed is too slow when you test it. Right now it copies the entire SD card each time. It’s theoretically possible to only pull in the new stuff, but it’s a little complex and I was having trouble getting that to work consistently.

Assuming OSCAR maintains its own database even if the entries are deleted, it would be better IMO to delete the data logs on the SD card by adding that to the shortcut, if necessary, so that you could just keep copying the whole card. I’m not sure how people feel about that. (The data could continue to exist on the iCloud Drive and a second backup could be added on the iCloud Drive if necessary.)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [EzShare SDcard wifi] Script to autodownload biorn 188 25,944 04-15-2024, 09:19 PM
Last Post: nohack007
  [split] FYSETC SD Wifi - Possible FlashAir Replacement Psikic 131 21,704 01-12-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: scowell
  WiFi SD Card for AirSense and OSCAR Stillglade 1 721 01-08-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Created a program to support Wifi SD card for Resmed and all other devices narual 13 2,390 12-08-2023, 07:29 PM
Last Post: JerryE
  FlashPAP - FlashAir WiFi SD card utility TiredToo 296 95,584 10-05-2023, 06:54 AM
Last Post: olddog27
  wifi EzShare SD Card for Windows 11 Home Greg1582378 3 905 09-23-2023, 03:47 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Oscar will not show Overview after SD card Replacement [Solved, see post #4] DaKitty 4 785 05-04-2023, 03:37 PM
Last Post: Jeff8356

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.