Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SD WiFi Replacement
RE: SD WiFi Replacement
It is our desire to NOT write or delete from the SD Card, READ ONLY is what we follow so the SDcard remains unaltered.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, well let’s see how slow it is for people with a lot of data. I think there are ways to get only the new stuff it’s just a little annoying. I’m also unsure when I Get the contents of the folder whether it actually loads everything to memory at that point or only loads a pointer. If it’s the former, then it doesn’t much matter as the entire card has to to be read to memory anyway. There is annoyingly little documentation about how it works.
Post Reply Post Reply
I currently use the FlashAir wifi SD card using a BASH script (using rsync) to copy the new files daily.  It only takes a minute or two and copies the SD card data to my NAS.  Then I have OSCAR import from the NAS.

But with over 2 years of data on my SD card it would take roughly 1.5+ hours on initial import using the same script.  It's almost 3GB of data, and the wifi SD cards are painfully slow for large data transfers.

OSCAR does have its own db that it adds the imported SD card data into, and does have an option to backup the SD card data into a backup folder in OSCAR_Data.  But there is always the risk of HDD/SSD failure so storing in the cloud is a good option.  

Should be an interesting project.........
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
True, though the failure rate of SD cards is much, much higher than a hard drive. I wouldn’t trust one for any data I cared about. 2.5 GB would be way too much with this shortcut so unless I can figure out how to only read the new, people may have to choose to backup and delete or not use this.

2.5 GB would take around 21 minutes at SD card speed. Maybe as little as 5 minutes for a class 10 SD card.
Post Reply Post Reply
A minor note... >>> (OSCAR)... does have an option to backup the SD card data into a backup folder in OSCAR_Data.

Not true.

On the ResMed loader, and probably the others, the backup to the machine's folder is no longer optional. As we continue to work with OSCAR, the OSCAR database gets modified, and it is necessary to rebuild it from the original data, so we keep a copy on disk.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Got my Apple SD card reader and managed some quick preliminary testing.  Using the "Shortcuts" link provided by blhoward2 and setting it for my info, it works fine using iCloud.  For the test I used a 30 day set of data from OSCAR's backup's.  It copies all the files/folders nicely into iCloud.  Now to figure out how to only pick new files, or a short period (like the last 7 days or such). 

DropBox..... well..... It's not playing nicely.  I only have the free account so that may make a difference.  I did get all the files to copy but it would not make the folders they were in.  So all the files were all grouped together in the root test folder I setup in DB.  I will keep tinkering with this one and see if there is a workaround.  It seems there were some issues in the past with iOS Shortcuts and DropBox and it's unclear if they were completely resolved yet.

Google Drive....  Doesn't seem to be any support for this, at least nothing that was obvious.  Shortcuts doesn't even recognize the Google Drive app on my phone, but it does recognize the Chrome browser app.

As far as transferring 3GB of data from my SD card, I haven't tried that one yet.  Just using the smaller backup data for now until I get the kinks worked out.

I don't know if the same type of "Shortcuts" app is available for Android or not, I only have an iPhone.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I’ve seen some suggestion online that Google Drive’s API can be accessed through Shortcutify, but it’s a much more advanced use case.

Make sure you don’t have Recursive enabled on the Get Contents or Folder. That makes it get rid of the foldering and write individual files.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-02-2022, 05:21 PM)blhoward2 Wrote: Make sure you don’t have Recursive enabled on the Get Contents or Folder. That makes it get rid of the foldering and write individual files.

Yeah, I tried it both ways with DB.  One way it complains about it being a folder and won't copy it.  The other way it copies everything into one DB folder.  For me, the DB support for this seems limited to copying files only, not actual folders.  I had intended to get the paid DB account (for something else) so that may make a difference.

TBH, I'm not sure if Google Drive would be worth the effort then.  I like it when things are simple.... Smile
Jeff8356

How to Links:
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, I need to test it more tomorrow but I think I have the only transferring new files piece figured out. The question is, do we ever care about a file changing versus just being newly created? E.g. the settings file or anything? If so, that makes it much more complex.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-03-2022, 12:07 AM)blhoward2 Wrote: ... The question is, do we ever care about a file changing versus just being newly created? E.g. the settings file or anything? If so, that makes it much more complex.

Yes, there are individual files that change for the SD card data.  An example would be STR.edf and Journal.dat 
There are also files in /SETTINGS that change.  I'm probably missing others but it does make things more difficult.

I was hoping to find an "Overwrite if newer" setting but no luck so far....
Jeff8356

How to Links:
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [EzShare SDcard wifi] Script to autodownload biorn 186 24,904 03-26-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  [split] FYSETC SD Wifi - Possible FlashAir Replacement Psikic 131 21,245 01-12-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: scowell
  WiFi SD Card for AirSense and OSCAR Stillglade 1 643 01-08-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Created a program to support Wifi SD card for Resmed and all other devices narual 13 2,252 12-08-2023, 07:29 PM
Last Post: JerryE
  FlashPAP - FlashAir WiFi SD card utility TiredToo 296 94,950 10-05-2023, 06:54 AM
Last Post: olddog27
  wifi EzShare SD Card for Windows 11 Home Greg1582378 3 834 09-23-2023, 03:47 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Oscar will not show Overview after SD card Replacement [Solved, see post #4] DaKitty 4 761 05-04-2023, 03:37 PM
Last Post: Jeff8356

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.