Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SD anxiety...a new disorder? and for nothing!
SD anxiety...a new disorder? and for nothing!
Hi everyone: I went to my DME to have my SD card info printed for the doctor. All was well and not erased as I feared. All that anxiety for nothing. They're giving me a APAP machine for a trial as soon as it can be delivered. I've been having a horrible time getting used to CPAP probably because of all the other medical issues I have and also because I wasn't correctly trained how to become a cpaper. My AHI was 9 and she said that was too high, time to do something, so a new machine is in order. Don't worry if your card gives you scary messages. The info is still there. Love, DJ
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SD anxiety...a new disorder? and for nothing!
Hi djjwilly,
It's GREAT to hear that all was well that ended well with your SD card and I wish you much luck with the new machine. I look forward to hearing how the new machine works out for you.
Sleep well
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm glad you have a doc who looks at more than hours used. 9 isn't too bad, still high for someone using a machine but not bad. Keep it up!

An autoPAP is a good thing for you as it will adjust as you sleep.

Please keep coming back and let us know how it goes. And ask any questions you have or give any advice to any other newbs! You've "been there done that" now.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-15-2013, 11:10 PM)djjwilly Wrote: Hi everyone: I went to my DME to have my SD card info printed for the doctor. All was well and not erased as I feared. All that anxiety for nothing. They're giving me a APAP machine for a trial as soon as it can be delivered. I've been having a horrible time getting used to CPAP probably because of all the other medical issues I have and also because I wasn't correctly trained how to become a cpaper. My AHI was 9 and she said that was too high, time to do something, so a new machine is in order. Don't worry if your card gives you scary messages. The info is still there. Love, DJ

I had a feeling that was the case!! So glad that is the way it turned out. Much success with your new machine!
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the replies, my friends. You've all been such a comfort through this terrible ordeal. I'm so grateful to be able to come here for help and friendship. I'm not sure why I need an APAP. Does it breathe with me instead of against me? That's how CPAP feels to me. Love, DJ
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-16-2013, 06:57 PM)djjwilly Wrote: Thanks for the replies, my friends. You've all been such a comfort through this terrible ordeal. I'm so grateful to be able to come here for help and friendship. I'm not sure why I need an APAP. Does it breathe with me instead of against me? That's how CPAP feels to me. Love, DJ

APAP means that you don't have to use a set pressure but you can if you want to. You can set the pressure range with a low and a high.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. I'll have to do some reading about it. Looking forward to a change. Love, DJ
Post Reply Post Reply
Congrats to you Smile

I wish my AHI was as low (last night was 19.4, AI of 2.3) but I am also way past due for a new study. Just keep with it, and time and tweaks will get you good.
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anxiety dreams all night and waking up anxious Clementine39 1 171 02-23-2024, 02:10 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Anxiety/elevated HR at beginning of night Jskier 1 199 02-11-2024, 02:41 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Extreme Anxiety during day after CPAP usage...something physiological? gohoos1998 9 682 12-29-2023, 10:50 AM
Last Post: Leedsunited92
  Increased Anxiety/Irritability after Starting CPAP? gohoos1998 0 386 11-17-2023, 10:25 AM
Last Post: gohoos1998
  Mask anxiety is making me desperate - any help appreciated! Tropicalhammock777 9 700 11-14-2023, 02:47 PM
Last Post: mesenteria
  More tired, more irritability/anxiety after cpap use Itsmedood 3 568 11-13-2023, 02:04 PM
Last Post: Itsmedood
  Tons of CA events due to anxiety? jasonw 8 771 06-02-2023, 06:22 PM
Last Post: hopeforusall

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.